Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y'all. I did a search and from what i can tell. The information I've read says that either i need to grind my calipers or add a 1/4" spacer, so that they fit. I would just like to confirm if this is fact.

These wheels:
[/URL][/IMG]
I really love these wheels and think they'd look really good on my '07 XK limited. I'm not lifting it or changing the tire size at all. Just want to swap the wheels out.

EDIT:
I've also seen some pictures of these or look-a-likes that appear to have the center of the rim bowed out(convex) and not concave like the above picture. Are there different models of this type of rim?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love those wheels - to me they are classic Jeep and really make any Jeep look great. I put a set of 2005 TJ Moab's on my Liberty and have thought about putting a set on the XK.

To your original question, I saw somewhere that the amount of grinding on the calipers is very minimal. Just the top and bottom corners and with a good 4" grinding wheel shouldn't take but just a few minutes.

Here's what my Liberty looks like with the Moabs:

Bob

·
Administrator
6,287 Posts
I love those wheels - to me they are classic Jeep and really make any Jeep look great. I put a set of 2005 TJ Moab's on my Liberty and have thought about putting a set on the XK.

To your original question, I saw somewhere that the amount of grinding on the calipers is very minimal. Just the top and bottom corners and with a good 4" grinding wheel shouldn't take but just a few minutes.

Here's what my Liberty looks like with the Moabs:

Bob
I like the way your Liberty is set up Bob.

Nice work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts