Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my JC with 44,xxx mi. on it and although it didn't have any service records with it when I bought it, believe you me it seems like it was very well taken care of!

I've had the oil changed every 3K mi. since I've had it and now that its at 50,000 mi. I think it's time for a little TLC... here' s my list, tell me what you think:

Lube Oil Filter (still using conventional oil, not synthetic yet - probably next change)
Rotate the tires
Replace Air Filter with K&N Filter
Replace spark plugs with Champion Single Platinum plugs
Drain and fill Transfer Case
Check PCV Valve
Coolant Flush Service
Transmission Flush Service

After the dealership does that, I'm having the following done the week after as well:

Factory recall on Powertrain Control Module
Replacing rear spring Isolators (TSB 02-003-07)
Drain and fill Front & Rear Differentals (Axles)

Anyone else have any other suggestions to keep my baby in Tip-Top shape?

Please comment....

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sounds like you know what you need to do. My only suggestion is to use a different sparkplug, I have never had any luck with champion. NGK or Bosch is your best bet, I use them in everything that takes a sparkplug and even some things that don't...thats how good they are. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know usually I would follow that advice to a T except when it comes to Chrysler/Jeep products... it's been my experience that Champion plugs perform very well in Mopars but are absolute crap in everything else.... not sure why tho!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts