Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best mod for night driving! some states have very strict laws on these lights but if you have them in your fogs and use them for bad weather or pitch dark roads, cops seem to be less [removed] about them.

You will need a HID relay harness to make them work properly since they only drain 35w, i got mine from Vleds.com for cheap.

Here is the only picture i have, they are bright in the daytime and very bright white at night! i love them!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Those look nice, are they a straight bulb replacement?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have part numbers but they are Xentec brand, bulb size is 9005 and require a HID harness relay that can be purchased threw V-leds, install is very simple and straight forward. here is the best by far trouble shooting guide i have run across to help out those who have never installed HID's.

http://www.carhidkits.com/index.php?main_page=installation_guide

These lights are ideal for offroading since the light is so intense, the picture does not do the lights justice,

Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
So Acid, it looks like you would need the following for the fogs:
V-HID 9005 9006 RELAY WIRING HARNESS FOR HID KIT $9.95
V-HID 35W SLIM BALLAST XENON HEADLIGHT KIT 9005 5000K PURE WHITE $149.00

Are you going to do your low and high beams?

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
2006 JEEP Commander

Low beam headlamp
9006XS
9006XSST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XSCB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light
3157LL

Front turn signal
3157LL

Rear turn signal
3157LL

Tail light
3157LL

Stop light
3157LL

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

License plate
168LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light
3157LL

Front sidemarker
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker
3157LL

Glove box
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Map light
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Dome light
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Step/Courtesy light
906LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Trunk/Cargo area

·
Registered
707 Posts
You should never install HID's for the high beams. Most of the time when you use the high beams, you will have to turn them off and on a lot for on coming traffic. This will shorten the life span of the ballast.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't plan on putting them in the lows or highs, the fogs are bright enough. some guys have installed them in place of there reverse bulbs! bright suckers!! I'll stick with my LED's

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Acid, it looks like you would need the following for the fogs:
V-HID 9005 9006 RELAY WIRING HARNESS FOR HID KIT $9.95
V-HID 35W SLIM BALLAST XENON HEADLIGHT KIT 9005 5000K PURE WHITE $149.00

Are you going to do your low and high beams?

That is all you will need, i got my HID's from a vendor on another site for $85 shipped, life time warranty and the brand is Xentec

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best mod for night driving! some states have very strict laws on these lights but if you have them in your fogs and use them for bad weather or pitch dark roads, cops seem to be less [removed] about them.

You will need a HID relay harness to make them work properly since they only drain 35w, i got mine from Vleds.com for cheap.

Here is the only picture i have, they are bright in the daytime and very bright white at night! i love them!

That looks very nice!:bowdown:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put HID's in the fogs and low beams as well. The vision is amazing. I only did the fogs because it looked stupid with the HID low beam and stock fogs. Plus the HID fogs add a lot more vision on the trails

HID 6000K.jpg

Just one thing though, I did not need any kind of relay harness for the fogs, just for the low beams

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes, they do indeed REALLY work good in the foglight position don't they? :D

I'm sure by now, you've also noticed that street signs really pop out, even though they are not directly in the beams? And how easy black cats are to see? (or any other animal about to dash across the road in front of you)

I tried the low beam position, but they just glared too badly. Nobody seems to ever be bothered by the HID converted fogs.

Check out this thread: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7338

I posted quite a bit on installing my HID's.

As for running HID high beams... my driving lights are so stinkin' bright, I cannot see oncoming headlights around any curves because my own lights are hosing down the road in front. If the road is not laser-straight, I can't run the HID driving lights, or else people will get run off the road when they suddenly appear. And that's no joke. In the thread link above, you'll see my ''arming switches'' for both sets of HID's.

And off-road? I have no less then TEN lights forward. The HID fogs, HID driving lights, Silver Star converted low and high beams, and a set of 5x7 (large format rectangle) halogens on the roof rack. I have an honest 3,000 feet of daylit ground in front of me. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Adono, if we ever run accross each other, I follow behind you, ok? I don't need an amateur x-ray through my truck from your lights

·
Registered
862 Posts
Wow, very nice.. Link to site with $85 fogs??
You're in luck... the price has dropped even more.

His eBay store:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/hid-superstore__9145-kit_W0QQ_sidZ315592446QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=3

A ''slim kit'' with smaller ballasts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion-tC-xB-xD-9006-H11-9145-H11-H7-H9-H1-XENON-HID-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a43310b9QQitemZ230388076729QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Standard ballast kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-KIT-SILVERADO-TAHOE-ALTIMA-H11-HB4-9006-9145_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a4318194QQitemZ230387974548QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Note that the guy sells these kits with car names, and that means little other than for appearing in eBay searches. You need only worry about the fog bulb of 9145. In fact, tell the seller what bulb type you're replacing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts