Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Open to all Commander Owners...

a49erFootballFan and I will be doing a day trail in Sedona, AZ on Saturday, June 28th. We are thinking of running the Broken Arrow Trail.

Info here:

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=272

and some nice photos here:

http://www.higherground4x4.com/Sedona_07/slideshow/slideshow.html

We thought this would be a good trail since it is a one way loop and won't have as many head ons to deal with. It is 3-4 miles long so it will allow for travel time there and back on Saturday and most importantly, it is further North and a tad cooler than the 100+ in the Phoenix area this time of year.

We will set up a meeting point for 9 or 10 am that morning and then hit the trails. We will do lunch on the trail so pack some food and non-alchoholic beverages.

Should be a good trail for stock to modified Commanders and a perfect time for some great shots of Commanders out in the Red Rock area.

If your interested, post a comment or send a PM with contact info so we can get you details in the next week or so.

Hope to get a few Commanders out!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looking forward to seeing MANY Commanders, I will even host a BBQ at my house when it is all over if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I wish I could go, but I can't wait to see the pics and vids!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That forth clip is amazing, didn't know a Jeep could drive on it's side like that.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Its an anti-gravity trail.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't wait until I move out to Southern AZ. I bout rode my scooter off the road riding through Sedona Natl. Park. Man, is it beautiful out there!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Too far for me too, but I'd love to go.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Too far for me, but I hope you guys have fun.

·
Registered
735 Posts
to far for me but i wish i could go that would b amazing. to bad the commanders dont come optional with wings we could all fly there.lol 4.7 commander that can be your next project.lol hahahaha :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far we have 5 Commanders going. Anyone else want to join us on Saturday, June 28th for some trail fun and photo opportunities?

Going so far:

Phunkeydude
Old McDonald
AJGuy84
A49erFootballFan
HueyPilotVN

·
Registered
564 Posts
:( 2,372 mi – about 1 day 12 hours drive for me... :( I think I will have to pass on it... :(

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Rubicontrail, your still alive! haven't seen you around in a while, looking forward to seeing you if you can make it.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok we are getting close to our outing.
We are looking like potentially 6 Commanders and 1 Cherokee.

Phunkeydude
a49erFootballFan
HueyPilotVN
AJGuy84
Old McDonald
RubiconTrail ?
CommanderKid ?

a49erFootballFan is talking about meeting for beakfast for those in the Peoria, AZ area around 59th ave & Bell before heading up North to Sedona. a49er, could you post details about what time and where for that. He is also going to BBQ back at his house in Peoria afterwards. I will be coming from Prescott on that day so I will pass on the breakfast and the BBQ.

As for everyone meeting in Sedona on Saturday morning, I thought we could meet in the parking lot of the Kokopelli Inn located at 6465 AZ 179, Sedona, AZ 86351.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6465+AZ+179,+Sedona,+AZ+86351&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=62.829818,104.765625&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

After exiting 17 onto 179, the Kokopelli Inn will be in the first populated area (Big Park) of Sedona on 179. I thought we could meet and greet here at about 10am and then parade our Commanders proudly thru Sedona on the way up to the trail.

For those equipped with CB, we will be on channel 5 as you come into Sedona. Also, if you PM me, I will provide you my cell phone # to call if running late or lost.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It is about a 2 hour drive to Sedona so I would suggest we meet for breakfast at 0700 and leave for sedona at 0800 in order to meet up with Phunkeydude at 1000. Does that work for everyone?

Old McDonald, do you have the address for "the place" you suggested around 51st Avenue & Bell Road?

·
2,248 Posts
Lee and I just booked a room with a Hot Tub at the Kokopelli Inn for next Friday night so we will be in the parking lot with no problem by Saturday morning. We are driving from Apache Junction so it will make the trip much easier. In case anyone is interested a room with a king size bed and a Jacuzzi is $109 and thier phone number is 928-284-1100.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31352-d75453-Reviews-Kokopelli_Inn_Sedona-Sedona_Arizona.html

John, Lee wants to know if she can plan on bringing Fruit and Dessert for the BBQ.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.