Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the jeepinbyal.com place will have the 6" lift kit ready by? Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
With what the 4" is priced at I didn't know anyone would be running the 6". Althought I would like to

·
Registered
284 Posts
There is a guy on the Chucks Trucks Forum that was beginning one after he was done with putting 5tons under his 2010 Tundra. The thread got deleated when the site crashed, but when he starts the build I will post the link.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Which is that I haven't been paying attention is that the penstar or is that the diesel I heard rumors of a while back.
Meanwhile, the Jeep Wrangler will finally – finally – receive a new engine. The ancient 3.8-liter six will be replaced by the new 3.6-liter Pentastar V6, which boasts 283 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque in most applications. The far more powerful 3.6-liter will also come with a reported 10 percent increase in fuel economy, though the Wrangler won't get the eight-speed auto transmission that should arrive from Getrag later in the year.

Team Pentastar is also looking to add more diesel models to its lineup. The oil burners will reportedly make up 14 percent of the automaker's model mix by 2014. We know that the Jeep Grand Cherokee is getting Chrysler's 3.0-liter CRD V6 in the coming years, and we're crossing our fingers for an oil-burning Wrangler, as well.

·
1,993 Posts
as far as the SFA I don't think it's worth it really. You have to do some serious serious wheeling to benefit from that. If I was going to drop 6 to 8 thousand I think I would do a diesel conversion instead. But the sweetest setup I think would be a 4" lift with 35" tires. Now I know that don't fit but you could hack a way at the XK and make them fit. For wheeling the 35's are perfect for ground clearance and 4" keeps you center of gravity manageable I would worry about the 6" lifts being to high.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't know, for both durability, added capability offroad, and the aftermarket support of many of the new Jeep axels, I would love to do a SAS. However, I think it would be cheaper just to buy an old XJ and beat on that. Plus, I like having the doors off when wheeling, and thats not an option yet on the Commander is it?

·
Registered
417 Posts
However, I think it would be cheaper just to buy an old XJ and beat on that. Plus, I like having the doors off when wheeling, and thats not an option yet on the Commander is it?
Definitely. there's a break-even point on everything and I think doing these major mods to an XK comes to that point real fast.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
It also comes down to what you're looking for. If you just want an offroad beater... you're MUCH better off with a different platform than the XK for a whole list of reasons.

If you want a daily driven, family vehicle, offroad truck and something 4x4-show worthy; im digging the XK platform. Even lifted they're comfortable daily drivers, very maneuverable, extremely capable (especially with QD2), and you don't see a lifted one in every other driveway (like you do with XJ's and every wrangler platform).

For the record, i've had a 98 wrangler and a 00 cherokee. :eek:rangehat:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts