Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

The dealer is bringing in a 65th Anniversary edition for my wife and I today or tomorrow from another lot here in Oregon. If the trade on my 05 Kia Sorento looks good, I expect my wife to be driving a new car either today or tomorrow! Is there anything that I should do as far as inspecting the vehicle etc. before we sign?? Of course, when it gets here I'll test drive it too. Anything to look for or listen for that you know of???

Also, it doesn't have the tow package, which I need. Anyway know how much to put one in from Jeep?

We were deciding between an H3 or a Commander, and practicality, seating for 7, and towing ability won the day. If all goes well, we should be in our new Black Commander with the 4.7L today or tomorrow. Thanks for any replays in advance.

ORrealtor

·
Registered
213 Posts
Congrats (almost)...I have a JC with the 4.7L (4800 miles now!) and have been pretty happy with it - however, when you check out the vehicle, check for the following:

hood vibrations at highway speeds
paint job (look for "orange peel")
strange wind noises (i.e. whistling, etc)
general fit/finish..

these are mostly minor things, but worth looking for. If these look good, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TPS.

I answered my own question in regards to the tow package. For anyone interested, the cost where I'm at anyway for a reciever hitch, T-plug/wiring and labor is $361.38.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats. Good to see another 65th Anniversary Edition owner. I've had mine for a week now and love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make sure they give you the headphones with the DVD player.

I bought my wife and I each Commander Limiteds with DVD and both times they forgot the headphones and we had to call back and get the runaround.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah, I didn't get the DVD system/Nav. system....I wish. It would come in handy being a realtor.

Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping a black car nice and shiny?? This is our first black vehicle and I know they are the hardest to keep clean. I couldn't post pictures. I couldn't get it to work from the free msn site I have. Sorry. Maybe I can get pics later if anyone is interested in seeing some of a 65th edition.

ORrealtor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Pac,

It sounds like we're driving the same truck. Black 65th edition, 4.7L, and we got the rear air and popular equipment group. I love it! It's my wife's though for the most part....darnit.

ORrealtor

·
Registered
38 Posts
ORrealtor said:
Thanks TPS.

I answered my own question in regards to the tow package. For anyone interested, the cost where I'm at anyway for a reciever hitch, T-plug/wiring and labor is $361.38.
wow! i got quoted $570

where do you live?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts