Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary Edition, 4.7 V8.

Does anyone know how many 65th Anniversary Editions were built?

Also, does anyone have a Light Greystone Commander. They best was to describe it is a cross between a light Kaki and Silver. Depending on what light you have it can be light green, light Kaki, or silver. According to My Dealership, it is the only Light Greystone Commander in Ohio at this point.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can Figure it out!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a picture of it looking Silver:

Here's a picture of it looking Kaki

Sorry about the horrible clarity, the digital camera is broken, so I used my camera phone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks just like my Light khaki Commander. You get two colors for the price of one. Not a bad deal!!

As for the charity of your shot, I would never have guess the show was taken with phone camera. I sure don't get shots this good with my phone camera.

I've never seen a 65th Edition Jeep on the road or at a dealer so I assume they are rather rare.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They're not that rare. The dealership I bought my 65th from had two in stock. The dealership just down the road has 9 in stock according to the Inventory Search on jeep.com. Then again, they're a large dealership and I think they may be counting inventory from their two other locations.

I'm not familiar with light greystone as a color. I was under the impression that 65ths only came in black, silver, or green. I went with silver. I really thought the black one looked sharp but I've had a black truck before and it was a nightmare to keep clean.

They're not real easy to spot on the road. It has the chrome side strip and tow hooks but not the Limited wheel wells. I've got chrome wheels but the black one I looked at did not. There's also a 65th badge on the side but it's rather small. The seats and floormats are a dead giveaway though if you get that close. So far I'm the only 65th I've seen.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
hal2814 said:
I'm not familiar with light greystone as a color.
Light Graystone Pearl is a new color that was made for the last month or so of 2006 production and will be available for 2007. Mineral Gray Metallic, Steel Blue Metallic, and Red Rock Crystal Pearl will also be available for 2007.

Deep Beryl Green, Inferno Red, Light Khaki, and Midnight Blue have been discontinued for 2007.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm suprised that they are discontinuing the Light Khaki color, it is the most popular color where I live.

So far so good with the Commander on the highway we have been averaging 17.6 mpg. Not too bad for a SUV with a V8 in it. Filling it up every 2 days is getting old also, but it is the quietest car I have ever been in.

One thing that I noticed is that after I get home, it appears that the rear wiper washer has appeared to be leaking little by little onto the back window, has anyone else noticed it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
hemi lover said:
...One thing that I noticed is that after I get home, it appears that the rear wiper washer has appeared to be leaking little by little onto the back window, has anyone else noticed it?
Right now my rear wiper fluid only drains into the cabin at the drivers side grab handle :confused:

Taking it in on 13-July to have that and several other items looked into.

Love the SUV...dealing with the intro-year annoyances :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.