Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there 2 versions of these?? YOU will see on my previous post that I had these swapped onto the Limited I just bought. The ones that I have are grey and the wheel is round around the lug-nuts. I have also seen however a wheel that has more of a star-shape around the lug-nuts. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just answered my own question

http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_wheels.htm

It seems there are three styles of wheel- "wrench", "hulk" and "chrome-clad". "Wrench" is the standard wheel and can be found on the base model, the limited and sometimes on the 65th anniv edition. "Hulk" I believe is the 'official' wheel for the 65th anniv. edition. I had the dealer swap this wheel from a 65th ed. to my Limited because I like the look of it. "Chrome-clad" is an option on the Limited. My confusion was because the "wrench" wheel looks different depending on how the light hits it. I have a hunch that the 65th editions I have seen with the "wrench" wheel are a result of people like me swapping for the "hulk" wheels. Okay, well I hope I cleared that up for myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts