Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics of my Commander. Gonna have to get some updated ones this weekend. I put the extention on the roof rack, and picked up a deflector for the front. I also got some spidertrax wheel spacers coming tomorrow. Have to figure out a way to get those on w/o the Mrs. seeing!!! More pics to come.

Tossed a pic of my chopper in there also.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice and way too clean :) Nice to see another Chicagoan on here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its clean, its my first new, used car in about 10 years, so I am baby'in it.
Took it out hunting couple weeks ago and got all nasty.

After xmas i'll order the lift, I'll wait a while for tires, has new toyo's on there now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the spacers on today, Should have taken before pics I guess, oh well. Prolly pick that lift kit up next month. Get it in before it gets to cold here in Chicago. I added a wind deflector to my roof basket, had to make some spacers to create an angle in it to deflect the wind better.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pic of the spacers for deflector I cut some small pieces from a broken aluminum arrow.

anyone know if these toyo open country H/T are any good, they look new so thats why i am not gonna replace those right away.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks great, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put on some running boards to help the little guys get up in the vehicle.

gonna install my firestik jamb mount and cb antenae this weekend.

heres some dirty pics from deer hunting this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
What brand of roof basket you have? from where you bought it?

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting the lift installed this weekend, will have updated pics with lift, cb, antennea mount, seat covers. Talked my brother into giving me a hand, said I'd give him a couple hundo, found somewhere, doing alignments for 39 for front 59 all. cant wait to get it done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt do the lift last weekend, had a lug nut that got stripped so i had to take it to get removed, so I held off till this weekend. From the time I pulled up at my brothers, to the time we packed up and I went home was around 4 hours. Getting to dark out for pics but will put them up tomorrow.

Does any one know if the front end will settle, or lower some eventually. it appears to sit higher up front that the back. Old RC lift with front spacer. Back ground to fender well is 35 both sides, front is 36. Alignment scheduled for tues morning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright, thanks for that info robby.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, some updated pics, not looking at tires yet, have pretty much brand new toyo at's that came on it when i bought it. some befores and afters.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my Matrix and 4xguard front guard yesterday, installed today.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks good man! I thought the guard would've been closer to the front fascia not allowing space to leave the front plate, I'd rather leave the plate where it is if you can still see it like you did. I haven't had a chance to install mine but will definitely do it sometime this weekend, I can't wait.

Question about the front guard (skid plate)- do you have to remove it to get to the oil filter?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt check, gonna have to crawl under there and i'll let you know

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks great!

Answered the oil question in the Front Guard 4 thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts