Jeep Commander Forum banner

9/13/09: Webster Pass, CO

6K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  CommanderDrako 
#1 ·
I went out on a run up to Webster Pass, and some adjacent trails. Here's some pics from the run:

Heading out after airing down:

Top of Webster Pass:

South from Webster Pass:

See less See more
#4 ·
great pics thanks for sharing.

#6 ·
nice photos. Looks like it was fun. I would love to go see some places like this some day. I hope that if the camping trip for next year ends up in CO, its in a place a beautiful. I love that scenery.

#9 ·
Oh Man! I'm literally packing up my house this week as I prepare to move the family to Denver. I can't wait to get out there in January!

#11 ·
Great pics! I want to move back...

#13 ·
Wonderful pics, and great place. unfortunately it does not snow in Saudi Arabia except for some placed in the far north and some places on the mountain, and it doesn't last for long time!

Why did you air down the tires, the terrain looks solid?

#14 ·
We air down for comfort as well as better contact for the rocks and other objects on trail. Helps to prevent punctures and a jarring ride.

Poppa, I know the feeling, that's why I only spent 18 months in NoVA/DC. Might be moving back there for work, should know more about that this week & next.

#18 · (Edited)
that's why I only spent 18 months in NoVA/DC. Might be moving back there for work, should know more about that this week & next.
Thats where my Commander is right now, in Alexandria, waiting for Beach duty :eek:rangehat: I will only be in COlorado (FT Carson) about 2 months when I get back and till I PCS, so it will stay in VA. When in Colorado, I diddnt go out too often, but when I did , I took my stock commander almost everywhere I wanted, I just avoided the Trails with rocks to climb and stuff. Polar did the same. AWESOME places to drive/hike. NOVA has great places to go as well, in the PA/WVA/VA/MD Mountains, but not the elevations and views of the Rockies.

I'm guessing you are Military? couldnt read the Post Sticker.

#15 ·
Fantastic Pictures, Thanks for sharing.

#20 ·
Canadian, I'm running a 2" Terraflex with 265/70R17 Goodyear Silent Armors and Bilstein shocks.

Bulldog, I'm in the Navy Reserves, post sticker if for Ft. Carson since that's where my reserve center is. These trails are the hardest I want to do with the XK, which is why I'm working on getting my trail rig running and leaving the XK for DD/light trail use. I know about VA trails, used to live in Front Royal, VA, did some exploring in the GWNF when I was out there, so wheeling wouldn't be a total loss, but not the same as out here.

#21 ·
I'm going to be moving out to Colorado in Dec/Jan at this point in time. Right now, my wife and I are looking to be in the neighborhoods in south Denver. However, it's really up to where she finds a job and that's probably the hardest thing ever now. I think she's getting passed up on her resume b/c she's still in VA and not providing a Colorado address on her resume.

Anyways, I can't wait to take the Rubicon out and hopefully, sooner or later, fix up the Commander to go out on the trails as well.

I can't wait to get out there, how exciting!

#23 ·
weaselox, she can always use my address since I'm in Castle Rock. You're right, employers don't want to work with someone who might want relocation costs, so you have to show local CO residency. What kind of work do you and her do?

#24 ·
RWMorrison,

My wife currently has a position with Fairfax County, VA's Park Authority. Basically, she's a programmer (facility manager) for Fairfax. I'm in field sales with the Dept. of Veteran Affairs and my job is the one bringing me to CO. I'm fine with my relocation, but I think it's hard for her to find something b/c I believe employers don't think she's viable candidate coming from VA.

thanks for the offer on the use of an address. I'm going to talk to her and see what I can figure out. I might be sending you a PM later this week.

thanks. jason.

#26 ·
I love snow, but I don't think Colorado is any more snowy than upsate NY (Syracuse area, for example) from year to year.

Does anyone know of a good website that can give me the daily average snowfall for different cities in the U.S.?

#27 · (Edited)
#29 ·
Very nice pictures! thanks for sharing. I have planned of visiting that place for 2 years now but the price of gas kept going up. I really want to drive there yo Co from Mi. Hopefully next year our plan will come true (God willing)!

#30 ·
I too was surprised to see the NY had more snow fall than CO or ND.

#31 ·
Can't wait to go there! Thanks for making me drool.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.