Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there with the 5.7L tell me how they're A/C is performing. When I am at a stop, the air is not cold at all. Even when driving, I have to keep the A/C at the coldest temp to get any cold air out. Especially if I'm in a parking lot with the kids, it gets hot inside the cab. :(

·
Registered
588 Posts
I live in S. Fla. I have a 2007 Overland. IMHO the a/c if you set the system down low on automatic even here will drive you out of the jeep its so cold. I usually have to put it in LOW speed and turn the dials UP to 70 or so once the jeep is initially cooled down. john

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do you have the rear unit? On a trip from NJ to FL I had to use the rear unit because the kids got hot in the rear seat. Other than that, works well for me.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Had the same problem, took it to the dealer they flashed me then I asked if they could flash the system. Worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the info. I called and set up an appointment for Monday.

Dabitz - I do have the rear unit in the 3rd seating area, but I have not turned it on. Those seats are down. Even the air coming out the front is not very cold.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine isn't great either. I guess next hot day I will measure the temp of the output and then make a visit with the dealer

·
Registered
366 Posts
Im here in PA, i drive a black HEMI and my air is NOT COLD at all.... I guess it's off to the dealership for me, I may as well get it checked tomorrow since i already have an appt. for a whistling noise in the windshield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts