Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lights on my center console do not work, This includes the a/c controls, message center controls and lower controls ( tow/haul, heated seats etc) I found out that the bulbs need to be soldered in to be replaced so I went to ebay and found a entire center dash including bezel in excellent condition for a decent price, I replaced all the controls and still NO LIGHTS!!! I find it pretty slim that all the bulbs in both set ups would be dead.. is it possible that there is a mystery fuse that i dont know about that is out?? or something else I am missing??
As a side note everything else in both bezels work, knobs, cigg lighter plug, yellow on/off lights, The only thing that does not work is my auto lights, I doubt that would have anything to do with it but I thought I would mention it.. thanks for any and all input

·
Registered
371 Posts
Are you referring to the nigh time illumination or the yellow lights when the optionis turned on?

·
Banned
105 Posts
If it’s the illumination lights they are common failures, so common reputable used sellers actually take a picture of the a/c controls with the headlights on to demonstrate the condition.
So it is possible to have gotten another control panel with blown bulbs.
The only other possibility would be either a bad wire in the harness, or a fuse is there if one dedicated to illumination. My opinion is a bad harness wire is unlikely unless vermin are eating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
303 Posts
My lights on my center console do not work, This includes the a/c controls, message center controls and lower controls ( tow/haul, heated seats etc) I found out that the bulbs need to be soldered in to be replaced so I went to ebay and found a entire center dash including bezel in excellent condition for a decent price, I replaced all the controls and still NO LIGHTS!!! I find it pretty slim that all the bulbs in both set ups would be dead.. is it possible that there is a mystery fuse that i dont know about that is out?? or something else I am missing??
As a side note everything else in both bezels work, knobs, cigg lighter plug, yellow on/off lights, The only thing that does not work is my auto lights, I doubt that would have anything to do with it but I thought I would mention it.. thanks for any and all input
Unless you actually had a picture with the all the lights illuminated in the listing, it's a good bet the second one was bad too an was intended for hard parts only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts