Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eight thousand miles on the xk and the ac motor went out. That stinks. Dealer doesn't have a rental agreement with a lease vehicle. That stinks too. Had to pay for a rental for the day. I'm am glad it is a lease though. maximo

·
Registered
45 Posts
When you say "A/C motor" do you mean the compressor or blower fan motor? I can see the blower motor giving a problem because of the sealer issue. That would be a quick fix with no need for a rental.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Happened to me (Blower motor) took 2-3 days for dealer to get, and about 1 hour to install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you guys here is kind of sputtering prior to it going out?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not me---the fan went out and shook the whole dash. The dealer replaced the entire blower assembly--motor and all!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the blower motor. Failed on Sunday, so when I took it in on Monday, I didn't have an appointment. A/C Unit started to make a loud noise similar to a lawn mower. So needless to say, the drive home was horrible. Az weather. maximo

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Might be the switch !

·
Registered
953 Posts
i havent had the dash apart.. but i have dual climate control ... so instead of being the resistor ...it would be control module.... resistor = $8... control module= $80......
More than likely, that's it, but check connections, grounds and continuity first before spending on a new control module.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You can regularly find control modules on the bay of 'e' for around $40 or so, if you wanted to go that route for a cheaper fix. I've often thought about snagging one in case something happened in the future.

·
Registered
282 Posts
if it was the resistor it should run on high without you having to direct connect it

·
Registered
45 Posts
AC blower just quit working

My wife got in her '06 commander this morning and turned the ac on high. It made a whining sound for a second then stopped working. There is no air coming out of the vents on any setting whatsoever. I called a dealer and they said it was $237 for a new one. Is that the right price? Was considering going to the junkyard to snag a replacement, does anyone know if a ealier model jeep blower will work? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
My wife got in her '06 commander this morning and turned the ac on high. It made a whining sound for a second then stopped working. There is no air coming out of the vents on any setting whatsoever. I called a dealer and they said it was $237 for a new one. Is that the right price? Was considering going to the junkyard to snag a replacement, does anyone know if a ealier model jeep blower will work? Thanks
Moved your question to this thread, you might find some help above.

Also this LINK will help you remove the blower if you need to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.