Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed a knob on the a/c today and thought there was a chime going off, like the backup chime.

Instead i could tell with the music down that it was more of a whistle.

The fan speed changed the pitch, but I found out that the right knob could be turned to new selectionas and sometimes it would go away.

If I take the right knob to full cw rotation, let it adjust, then all the way back to auto; when it settles in auto the sound goes away.

Sounds like maybe a airbox door is not closing all the way maybe?

I really don't want my dash torn apart for this...

·
Registered
204 Posts
CirrusMan said:
I really don't want my dash torn apart for this...
Why even touch it? That should be covered under warranty, most likely it is from a gap in the sealer at the base of the A-pillar. There is a service bulletin on this one, and I have fixed a few with this very problem. The cowl cover and wiper arms will have to come off, a somewhat tight spot to work in but not too bad once you know what your looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my Commander in the shop for almost a week. I had previously taken the vehicle in for the Windshield whistle. They did a re-seal and the whistle noise was fixed. However, a new whistle arrived shortly afterward.

After a week of checking the vehicle they finally found the problem and will be submitting the fix for a new service bulletin (according to the tech). The A/C airbox flap had a very slight non-seal (shined a flashlight through to show me), which was causing the whistle. I think this has solved my Commander whistle problems.

Good luck with yours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts