Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
The rear seat controls in the third row on the passenger side (right) should look like this. Blue for AC - red for heat. Controlled from the front by an on/off switch - which has 2 people sitting with a fan between them.
RearAC.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I dont think thats what he was asking. I think he meant dual as in where you can change the temp and blower speed per driver/passenger. I this correct?

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
The dual controls for driver and passenger is easy to spot, on the dash there are two knobs to set the temperatures. Another possibility is he wants to know if there are 2 AC units - like 2 compressors etc - no they never did that. Just front and rear outlets and controls and/or dual front controls for driver and passenger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My question was about the two compressors, as the sticker under the hood talks about single and dual air conditioning charge levels. Thank you for the answer.

Is the reason there are air conditioning lines running to the rear blower unit, so that you can have a/c running in the rear and not in the front?

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Is the reason there are air conditioning lines running to the rear blower unit, so that you can have a/c running in the rear and not in the front?
Yes.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My question was about the two compressors, as the sticker under the hood talks about single and dual air conditioning charge levels. Thank you for the answer.
The sticker under the hood has two charge levels because if your vehicle has rear AC/Heat it take more to charge the system properly than if you didn't have the rear AC/Heat and vise versa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts