Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to say that I installed the factory fog lamps yesterday and it was really simple and straight forward. The instructions were all pictorials so you don't have to know english to install except the part at the end where you need to hook-up the "starscan" to tell the computer that it has fog lamps. I wonder if or what the dealer will charge me to do that. Hmm.... The other item I have for you guys is: under the hood there is an alarm siren (definitely not the horn) , but I don't have an alarm. What do you guys make of that?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe the siren is there "just in case"??

But my question is about the fog lamps you installed. Do they work without the connection to the computer? Where is the switch located? As I recall, the manual says the switch is on the headlight stalk. (Also, what was the approximate cost?)

·
Registered
96 Posts
The factory style fog lights for the Commander are $195.00 plus installation. The switch is located in the stalk and also gives you automatic headlamps. Pretty good deal, we sell a bunch of them on base model Grand Cherokees.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That sounds like dealer or factory installed f. lights. I was asking abt the do-it-myself version. Can't imagine having to change the stalk, so I was wondering where the switch goes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yepper that's different! An aftermarket light, such as a Hella or PIAA, will come with it's own switch and wiring. Just below your radio stack is a row of buttons, some in use and some not, where you could install the switch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the switch is a factory h-lite switch but w/ the fog switch on it. It's the easiest part of the whole job! $189. is what I pd. lights, relay, fuse and switch. Piece of cake to install . The harness is down there on the vehicle waiting for hook-up. I was kind of thinking that maybe the siren is there waiting for activation . I'll ask dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts