Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I keep finding stuff to do to the jeep so I figured I’d start this. As of today I have added

- Rough Country 1.5” Wheel Spacers
- WeatherTech Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

Hopefully as soon as I have the opportunity, the following will be added(all are already bought)

- OME HD Kit (Shocks/Springs/Struts)
- JBA UCA’s
- JK Wheels with BFG MT 255/75/17
- Iridium Spark Plugs

Thinking about a spacer to go for the modified OME, but idk yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jeep was dropped off this morning. The mechanic is putting the ome Kit, the uca’s And new iridium spark plugs while I’m in London for a week! Pics when I get home!

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
The jeep was dropped off this morning. The mechanic is putting the ome Kit, the uca’s And new iridium spark plugs while I’m in London for a week! Pics when I get home!
Looking forward to it. I myself, should be returning home in about 2 weeks and I can't wait to buy & install some LT285/70/17 Good Year Duratracs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome, looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

You adding a 3/8 front strut spacer with the OME?

See if everyone doing their lifts is killing me, I’m probably going to have wait at least a month or two to do mine..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to it. I myself, should be returning home in about 2 weeks and I can't wait to buy & install some LT285/70/17 Good Year Duratracs.
What lift do you have Blue?

Awesome, looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

You adding a 3/8 front strut spacer with the OME?

See if everyone doing their lifts is killing me, I’m probably going to have wait at least a month or two to do mine..
Haven’t decided about the extra spacer yet. Gonna go with the ome and see how she sits first

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know how you guys decide on what lift!

I'm leaning towards RR with Monroe rear leveling shocks and a new shock in the front.

What's the cheapest option with new springs on all 4 corners? OME? Does the $800 get you good shocks all around?

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
What lift do you have Blue?

Haven’t decided about the extra spacer yet. Gonna go with the ome and see how she sits first
I have the 2 inch RC Lift with JBA UCA's for lifted XK's with Bilstein B6 4600's up front with Bilstein 5100's in the rear.

I know what you're thinking and I'm well aware that there will definitely be some cutting involved.

I have a 4WD/Truck shop in VA Beach that is the same shop that installed my RC lift, I'll let them do the work and pretty much give them the carte de blanch to do whatever work/upgrades they think are necessary to support the larger tires - short of going to a 4 inch superlift.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boom! Black JK wheels and 255/75/17
The stance looks nice - did you go with used tires?

Those tires look like they have quite a bit of wear on them already.....
I actually did. BUT he gave me 4 tires that are brand new with the used set as well. Just figured I’d get some miles out of these before putting the new ones on haha it was a good deal...9 tire and 5 wheels for $200

·
Super Moderator
5,759 Posts
I actually did. BUT he gave me 4 tires that are brand new with the used set as well. Just figured I’d get some miles out of these before putting the new ones on haha it was a good deal...9 tire and 5 wheels for $200
That is an outstanding deal my friend, congrats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts