Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an accident investigator/casualty adjuster here in Louisiana. I also handle all the large loss investigations for the major utility company. I had a gas explosion yesterday but no good pics of the Commander. Today I had a wreck and it happened to be next to the levee so I thought I'd take a few pictures of my XK. Turns out she can climb with ease and stay at odd angles without flinching. The water pic is the Mississippi River.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What area of the city is that? I used to live there and that road looks pretty familiar (although I know a lot of the riverfront looks the same)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, just one vehicle. The investigation is on-going so I can't discuss current opinons on how the loss happened. It happened on River Road in Waggaman (westbank near Avondale).

·
Registered
577 Posts
penguin said:
Yes, just one vehicle. The investigation is on-going so I can't discuss current opinons on how the loss happened. It happened on River Road in Waggaman (westbank near Avondale).
I was going to guess River Road/ Kenner (so I was close!!), the business I used to work for was in Boutte on Hwy 90 - I really do miss being there, it is a beuatiful place and home to so many kind people.
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Did the driver survive?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a49erFootballFan said:
Did the driver survive?
From www.nola.com:

Driver hits pole, dies in Waggaman
Thursday, October 04, 2007West Bank bureau
An unidentified man was killed in Waggaman on Wednesday morning after his car hit a utility pole and caught on fire.

The accident occurred near River Road and South Kenner Road shortly after 8 a.m., said Senior Trooper Joseph Piglia, a spokesman for State Police.

A 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo traveling west on River Road passed another car, then veered off the road and hit the pole. After the collision, the car flipped over and caught fire, trapping the man inside, Piglia said.

State police say speed was a factor in the accident, but driver impairment was not.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
penguin said:
State police say speed was a factor in the accident, but driver impairment was not.
Sounds like what we call a 666, driver didn't miss the pole on purpose.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wow good call on the Monte Carlo! I couldn't make it out until I read it then went back up to take a look. Then I was like : Oh that's a Monte.
Really cool Pics Penguin!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts