Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I read this and other forums regularly, and have been trying to decide what direction to go with my Commander. It is almost one year old, so I think it is time. I really wanted to get SRT-8 Rims and go down with it a bit, but after some nudgin from some friends, I think I will now be looking at a modest lift and some larger tires - nothing major, but something to make me feel more comfortable out in the woods. We had a blast, I will post what I can here.

Here are some of the aftermath pics - I am waiting for my friends to send me the during pics....

I hope all that works!

·
Registered
324 Posts
:cool: Cool, most people would be surprised what a stock commander can do

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Good to know how deep we can go an still be mobile!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Always nice seeing a Jeep do what it was built to do!

·
Registered
807 Posts
nice video. I wasnt expecting it to be that deep as i was watching. I actually kind of jumped in my seat as i saw you jeep sink into that hole full of water and muck. Is your jeep have the Trail rated badge? Since Do not have that, and have been told that if you have the badge, you have more better seals and things that help when you are in deep water. i have wanted to go in places like you didnt but have not gone inthat deep yet cause im not sure what it will do to the motor. im sure it would be fine.I have been in some pretty deep water with no problems....just not that deep.... Have you had any issues after going out in that stuff. It looked pretty cool!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I am betting he didnt know it was going to be that deep! Wouldnt you just crap your pants if that happened to you? I think i would....suddenly take a dip in the muck....Good Job! Thanks for sharing your video.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I was looking at the pic with the door open and the dirt almost in the door when my just turned 5 year old came up to see what I was doing. First thing he said was "oh man, he should get a carwash". LOL

I guess I do keep my Jeep clean. Looks like you had fun and it was impressive seeing it go through the bog on the video.

Even though mine is Trail rated, I can't even go through a carwash without losing power steering, foglights, and sometimes engine power, so no way I'd risk driving through a bog like that on purpose.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That was sweet, I had the same OH $#!T reaction when you took the dip. haha

·
Registered
717 Posts
ped4599 said:
nice video. I wasnt expecting it to be that deep as i was watching. I actually kind of jumped in my seat as i saw you jeep sink into that hole full of water and muck. Is your jeep have the Trail rated badge? Since Do not have that, and have been told that if you have the badge, you have more better seals and things that help when you are in deep water. i have wanted to go in places like you didnt but have not gone inthat deep yet cause im not sure what it will do to the motor. im sure it would be fine.I have been in some pretty deep water with no problems....just not that deep.... Have you had any issues after going out in that stuff. It looked pretty cool!

It's a 4x4 Limited with a Hemi...At the very least it's equipped with QT II which would mean it's trail rated

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So afterwards analysis -

4 Car Washes and undercarriage cleanings later, the brakes no longer squeal. However, mud is still hiding in places I didn't even knew existed underneath.

Doors and sills came clean, but mud still is hiding under the seals and in some of the holes (have to pull molding off to clean under it)

Fake chrome wheels SUCK - since they are just wheel covers, mud and dirt just keeps flying out of those things - I have pressure washed them a ton, but unless I take the covers off, I am guessing I won't get it all.

Check Engine Light came on immediately following that - I need to replace the air filter (at least I want to), but some water and mud made its way into the engine bay. Light has since gone out and Jeep runs great.

--Yes, it is trail rated, but the badge has been removed. Used Low through the muck. Unfortunately, we didn't capture me going through it in the opposite direction the first time! WE HAD NO IDEA it was that deep - other puddles were maybe 6-8 inches at most. We actually looked for alternate routes out of the woods, but couldn't find any, so we headed to the swamp again!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Great video, I need to find some of that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice thread. Can't wait for the weekend!!!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great Video. What was the pucker factor?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm thinking that in that first picture that you exceeded the recommended 19 inch depth for water fording :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I need to get up there....

·
Registered
807 Posts
those 3 photos are ones to keep!!!! that is awesome!!!! did you have mud tires on or just the standard factory ones? Im still in awe!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts