Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a few things today.

-Put on my custom made "XK" decals.

-Pulled the chrome "JEEP" emblem off the hood.

-Pulled the chrome 4x4 emblem off the back.

-I'm going to replace this with the same decal I have on my JK, It's an old school Willy's Jeep style "4 Wheel Drive" decal. I'll post some pics up of this when it arrives.

-Also on my decal waiting list are 2 TJ style "Jeep" decals for under my "XK" decals.

-Took off my chrome grill and sprayed it with a flat textured black. It's actually the "Grip and Guard" black. It's almost rubberized.

-Pulled the chrome "Jeep" logo off the back, and hit it with the flat black too.

Everything came out pretty cool, my wife and I just wanted the Commander to look a little more rugged, and Utility-ish. We're not big on flashy stuff.

On a side note: I'm drinking a Samuel Adams Cream Stout right now....and wow. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but it's really good. Every once and a while I pick up the distinct taste of chocolate. Just thought I'd share, in case there's any beer lovers out there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to throw out a big smile for you guys!...:D

and a Commander wave!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeep5253 said:

Hahaha yes!! Thats what I'm talkin about.

Keep waving....they'll get it.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Where's the pics?

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOL how many cream stouts have you had? Those are good though I love a good micro.

Anyways, we need some pictures of these mods, they sound pretty intersesting.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
had a st pauli girl dark tonight..first time... it was good. I like dark beers. They have flavor. Not fond of what I call "Company Beer" the premiums, like bud, budlight, coors etc.

I debadged a couple months ago, I like it. I thought about painting the chrome grill, but wasnt sure it would turn out so I bought the black one.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ranger6882 said:

Holy crap...I was just telling my brother and sister in law that they NEED to watch Memento. Hahaha.

Anyway, I'll throw some pics up tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sam Adams Cream Stout is good. Sam Adams Black, also. I like to by the "mix pack" - a 12 pack of various Sam Adams flavors.

I'm interested in the "Grip and Guard" paint. What kind of prep did you have to do and does it appear to stick well? Do you think it will last? I'd actually like to explore doing my fenders (the part that is like a "flare") with that.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
that looks like some nice stuff.

i'd like to take off the fender flares and rhino line them as well as from the rubber door guards down to the rockers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Is it me or does the JEEP badge on the rear look crooked. How many beers did you have prior to installing it. HAHA

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
07JeepXK said:
Is it me or does the JEEP badge on the rear look crooked. How many beers did you have prior to installing it. HAHA
Hahaha... I put it on before I cracked a beer. I'll have to go check it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cico7 said:
did you remove the letters and then paint them? What product did you use?

Yes I removed them, painted them and put them back on.

I used black grip and guard paint. It's rubberized for tool handles and stuff.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'll bet you could mask around the badging and paint without removal. One technique I've used is to mask the work area, cut a hole a little bigger than the work area in the bottom of a cardboard box (like a copier paper box), then position the box and tape it to the surface around the hole. You have to hold the box in place while you paint (or enlist a friend), but this gives you a mini paint booth and helps control overspray. As long as you don't spray too frenetically. And be damn sure to wear an appropriate mask, as you'll get a bit more blowback than usual.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts