Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I am on this forum I see about 20 other people on. Half the time I post, someone else will respond right after. So I started to think maybe it would be cool if we could get a live chat part on the forum.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Re: Live chat

I'd drop in if nothing more then to say hello. Any of you still awake?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

I think we are the only two on this board, it is odd that no body is here!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

That is the next thing I want to add, just have not picked which ones yet.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

Nothing particular. Just reading the ones in the fourm and looking at the photos of ones installed. I think I want to stay away from the factory ones though.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You probably already read this, but I order these rails from Rocky-Road

Here is a picture of them installed on a H2. They say the will look the same way.

I will post up the pictures by Monday if all goes well.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

Are they a straight bolt on or will you have to do some drilling? What was your cost & where did you get them?

And more important, what are you doing up at this time of day?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I bought them from their website and they cost $369+S/H. Now I am not sure about the mounting of it.

Their website states:
"Our rock sliders are very simple to install and are completely 'bolt on'. They mount on the sub-frame as well as along the body seam. Not mounting along the entire seam causes extreme stress with the leverage of an impact on the outer rocker itself. Our design distributes the load across a broad area instead of focusing it on small spots."

Then they follow up with this:
"Installation is made easier by marking strips which we include with every set. Instead of trying to juggle a 35lb rocker bar in place while you mark your holes, you simply clamp our thin steel marker strip onto the body seam and mark your mounting holes."

This leaves me confused.

I just found this picture:

I could not sleep.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

I like the mopar unit but it runs $511, I also looked at the 4XGuard but I am leaning to to RR since that is the lift I installed. Let me know how it works out and I look forward to some more pics.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

What grill guard and wench did you settle on? I am waiting for AEV.

Will most likely put my spare up top when I get to that stage,

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

I still have a few more things to add but here it is today

I have 1,900 miles on it so I plan to take it out Saturday and put a few more on it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

a49erFootballFan said:
What grill guard and wench did you settle on? I am waiting for AEV.

Will most likely put my spare up top when I get to that stage,
I am waiting for AEV to release their wench/grill guard too. I was at one time thinking about getting the same basket you have and tossing the tire up there, but for now I will wait and see if AEV makes that rear tire mount.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

My concern is that if in fact they are going to discontinue the XK in 2009, will AEV even produce any of these items at all?

·
Registered
717 Posts

a49erFootballFan said:
My concern is that if in fact they are going to discontinue the XK in 2009, will AEV even produce any of these items at all?
Good morning folks...Not to hijack your thread...just a quick question 49er...What sunroof deflector do you have? Do you like it?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

I purchased it on eBay and too be honest I have not driven with the sunroof open yet as it is still 100 degrees here everyday. It looks nice and fits well, the only complaint is that after it rains I find a lot of dirt in that space where it settles after the water evaporates.

·
Registered
717 Posts

a49erFootballFan said:
I purchased it on eBay and too be honest I have not driven with the sunroof open yet as it is still 100 degrees here everyday. It looks nice and fits well, the only complaint is that after it rains I find a lot of dirt in that space where it settles after the water evaporates.
Thank you....been looking for a decent one for a while now...My roof is open just about every day it doesn't rain...even in the winter :D

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts