Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we found out that this thing is not just an overqualified grocery getter after all. :D :p

We went to Durango a few months ago and took a drive into Silverton. We took a few Jeep trails and headed up near Engineer Pass. We didnt go all the way up because we just ran out of time. Heres a few pics from the day. Next time we are gonna spend more time up on these trails!!
The Commander performed great and we had alot of fun!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very nice pics!!...I like the one where your diving near the cliff by the rock wall, Yea that looked a bit nerve rackin!!...Great Job :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!
I have a few more really nerve racking pics..my wife was almost in tears when we were heading up some of the trails since she was on the downhill side..LOL! But it was all a rush and it was great in the end! Going up was a breeze. The Commander is very sure footed and predictable. Going back down, I had her in 4 Low and shifted down into second...I just let off the brakes and gas and just let her do her thing down the trail. She crawled down the very steep parts with ease.
I'll post up a few more a little later on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow more great shots!...
That must of been a great drive, I havn't been trail riding in about a month!!..But after seeing those pics I'm deff packing up the wifey and throwing the boy in the jeep for a nice drive to a quiet location for a family picnic!!!!...
great pics Daytomann!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey datomann,

Where is Silverton anyway? I am in Ky and I am guessing this is in Colorado? Looks great anyway. My wife would flip if she were in there on the side of that high cliff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kfbagt said:
Hey datomann,

Where is Silverton anyway? I am in Ky and I am guessing this is in Colorado? Looks great anyway. My wife would flip if she were in there on the side of that high cliff.
It was in Colorado. My wife was not thrilled about the trip up, being on the edge side. But she hung in there.:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Daytomann said:
It was in Colorado. My wife was not thrilled about the trip up, being on the edge side. But she hung in there.:D
HAHA that's great, I plan to have my wife:eek:screaming at me this weekend as we do a little trail riding!..O'yes there will be cliffs!!!:D ...I'll post the pics when I get back!!!..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts