Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the pics don't do it justice. We hit the trails and the bottom fell out turning the red dirt into slick as ice clay mud. Thank God for Quadra drive II! It was the opening run for my buddy in his FJ he just got 3 weeks ago. We've put a 3" lift and 285/75s on it for this trip.

Album Link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14489&id=291000370&l=9817f61dd2

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Uwharrie is near Troy, NC around the Lake Badin area. It looks like a lot of fun, I'm heading there in July for a couple trips. Hopefully some more XK guys will come!

Jon, how would you describe the trails there? I'm in the process of getting my XK "trail ready" per say by adding a 2in RC lift, OEM skids and tow hooks, and some good AT tires. Does it seem likely one could get stuck on some of the moderate trails?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uwharrie is dubbed "Rockarrie" by a lot of people. I'm running the 2" RC with extra spacers and 265/70s and as long as you watch where you're going you'll be fine. The only trail I haven't been on is "Daniel" which is labeled extremely difficult. I hit underneath in a few spots but nothing too terrible. Only problem out there is if it rains you won't be able to get up the hills without locking front and rear so QDII was necessary for me when it rained. Other than that, have a blast and shoot me a PM when you go, I'm from the area. My front bumper is off because I'm having a 2" receiver mounted and tube bumper made for it so I can mount my winch on either end.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Awesome pics, looks like fun. I wish I had a group of friends like that that enjoyed the outdoors. Gotta agree with # 6 too lol.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a little enjoyment from Uwharrie last year. Same girl, and I proposed after a weekend of wheeling/camping/shooting...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I completely forgot about the shooting range at Uwharrie. I guess I'll bring my Mossberg 500 and Glock 23 for some practice shooting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I completely forgot about the shooting range at Uwharrie. I guess I'll bring my Mossberg 500 and Glock 23 for some practice shooting.

For some reason, the range is shut down this year. There is a sign that you can call the forest service for info but I'm sure there is some scuttlebutt on the AR-15 forums about it. Probably somebody doing something stupid again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts