Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Commander is throwing several codes, and I'm kinda stumped on how to make them go away:

The first one is saying my O2 sensor (Passenger side, downstream) is somehow simultaneously getting low and high voltage... I've had it replaced, and it still has the same fault after being reset by my mechanic. I've disconnected the battery to reset it too, and it won't go away. Any thoughts would be welcome.....

Second, I have a code for a small leak in my EVAP system (and of course the "Check gas cap" EVIC message. I've replaced the cap, plus the Purge canister and solenoid under the hood, and it still comes back. Is there a likely location for a failure, or am I gonna have to have it smoke tested to find it? I don't look forward to trying to replace tons of vacuum line trying to nail this down....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you using a Mopar or NTK sensor? Unfortunately for Chrysler engines not all O2 sensors are created or treated equal. I know on the 3.7 anything other than a Mopar/OEM or NTK sensor will continue to throw codes and is frustrating as all get-out. Mechanics will tell you it doesn't matter - and it shouldn't. But reality is a Chrysler engine doesn't like other aftermarket sensors.

My 2 cents. Cheaper than throwing other parts at it...

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using a Mopar or NTK sensor? Unfortunately for Chrysler engines not all O2 sensors are created or treated equal. I know on the 3.7 anything other than a Mopar/OEM or NTK sensor will continue to throw codes and is frustrating as all get-out. Mechanics will tell you it doesn't matter - and it shouldn't. But reality is a Chrysler engine doesn't like other aftermarket sensors.

My 2 cents. Cheaper than throwing other parts at it...

Bob
Now that you mention it I think I did buy an aftermarket o2 sensor.... My mechanic just put it in because I couldn't get in there and change it myself, they had no input on what i bought. Looks like I'll have to order the right one....

One annoyance down....

Reactions: TwoBobsXK
1 - 4 of 4 Posts