Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 with the Hemi....don't off road or do any of the things referred to in the B schedule (towing, high speed driving, high or low temp driving etc) except I do some stop and go driving under 10 miles per trip and drive it to Florida and back once a year at speed limit. Because of the under 10 miles trips and normal stop and go, do I need to religiously follow schedule B or can I do schedule A but with the 3000 mile oil and filter change....the front/read axle and transfer case fluid changes requirements are expensive and I can not do them myself...any reccomendations are appreciated....RKL

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I still think you should follow the B Maintenance Schedul for the 3,000 mile oil and filter change but I feel its a little ridiculous to change the differential fliuds every 15,000 and transfer case every 30,000 miles. I off road my Commander a few times a week and my differential and transfer case fluids looked brand new when I swapped them out. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Buy the fulids from the dealer, maybe someone has a better source, and take your XK to a local mechanic. Cost me $40.00 to get both differentials changed, add the marked up cost from the dealer you are still $200.00 ahead. Just make sure they record your purchase on your maintenance records. I used to do this on oil changes when I had a dealer close by. When life was good!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Buy the fulids from the dealer, maybe someone has a better source, and take your XK to a local mechanic. Cost me $40.00 to get both differentials changed, add the marked up cost from the dealer you are still $200.00 ahead. Just make sure they record your purchase on your maintenance records. I used to do this on oil changes when I had a dealer close by. When life was good!!!
The only fluid I would buy from the dealer is the Mopar Transfer Case Fluid and thats only because you cant find it anywhere else. Well if you have a NV245 Transfer Case that is, the NVG140 uses ATF+4 which im sure you can buy anywhere.

Its a lot cheaper to go to an auto parts store an buy Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear oil for the differentials.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts