Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went up sunlight today. there is so much water. we went straight up twords lee city. but no one could get across. the water was too deep in the river crossing. a lot of the boulders have been washed away that made it possible to cross.

so we went back and went up twords the cabins, on the other off shoot trail. there was tons of water up that trail as well. the water was up to the top of my tire in some places. we made it up to the cabins. and then a little further. we walked up the boulder field. but there was so much downed timber we decided to just turn around. that is one narrow trail up to the cabins. i don't know how you fit your blazer on there. my commander barely fit.

also on the way i had a bit of carnage. my rear springs popped out of place when the back axle fell in a hole. looks like i need to do some modifications there to keep the springs in place.

i'm fixing the springs in this picture. i just flexed out that side. and slid them back into place.

my wife took this picture. its pretty cool

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice! Looks like you had some fun too today!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Man that is some nice scenary. Do you still have the rear disconnected which is the reason why the springs popped out? Also, I don't see the rock sliders on their yet!!!:D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
What beautiful country you live in.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the rear sway bar is still disconnected. thats why the springs fell out. atleast i didn't bend my shocks. i would have cried. i just flexed the suspension and stuck the springs back in. they only fell out once.

with the rear end disconnected, my tires stay on the ground and the traction control rarely turns on. it was only on on a few slippery wet stream crossings.

no, i did not finish the rocker guards yet. i suck, i needed a quick break from the shop. and i still need to take pictures of the front new skid plate. which i tested on a few things today. it held up just fine.;)

CrzCajun said:
Man that is some nice scenary. Do you still have the rear disconnected which is the reason why the springs popped out? Also, I don't see the rock sliders on their yet!!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice pics. I also went on a very long run today, got the XK muddy and it earned its Trail Rated badges again. Will post pics in a separate thread.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Very nice countryside you have there ,,,,,,,, now I'm jalousie :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's nice country. Good cross between our beautiful sandy desert out west and that weird green stuff in New Jersey. How can folks handle all that green?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i wish i had land like that around here to take a short ride in. i'll just enjoy your pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
sespe commander said:
That's nice country. Good cross between our beautiful sandy desert out west and that weird green stuff in New Jersey. How can folks handle all that green?
I guarantee you can breathe a whole lot easier in "all that green". :) I love it here.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I love the green. It relaxes me. That's why I chose to settle down in VA. Desert is boring.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That's why I like CO, there's enough green in the mountains while still having a high plains desert.

That being said, I am contemplating a move back to VA for a different kind of green ($), and wouldn't mind having more natural green and a real autumn again. Just don't really enjoy the humidity of the summer, way too sticky.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I hate Arizona. I think I am going to move to Montana or Wyoming. Anybody want to trade some awesome desert living for some drab mountain living?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Do I detect some sarcasm?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts