Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in a guide/tutorial of the removal teardown and rebuild of a 5.7l out of my 2006 commander got to rebuild it anyways and figured a group of people in the forum could find some useful help in the teardown process and maybe get a few laughs at my mistakes would be pictures and tools required at all the steps. Any feedback on this idea would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
Who would be interested in a guide/tutorial of the removal teardown and rebuild of a 5.7l out of my 2006 commander got to rebuild it anyways and figured a group of people in the forum could find some useful help in the teardown process and maybe get a few laughs at my mistakes would be pictures and tools required at all the steps. Any feedback on this idea would be appreciated
I think it's a great idea Joe, I'm sure the forum would benefit from it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that's a fantastic idea, I'm sure many people would benefit from your contributions!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What all do plan on doing? Stroke it.
It's the wifes daily driver so not much a slightly bigger cam smoothen out the head castings balance the rotating assembly stainless valves bigger aftermarket valve seals going to be if cash allows installing a complete set of studs on t he crank mains heads oil pan valve covers and if I can find one go from a chain driven timing chain to a gear drive system

·
Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
It's the wifes daily driver so not much a slightly bigger cam smoothen out the head castings balance the rotating assembly stainless valves bigger aftermarket valve seals going to be if cash allows installing a complete set of studs on t he crank mains heads oil pan valve covers and if I can find one go from a chain driven timing chain to a gear drive system
That sounds like quite a laundry list....

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much more would it be just to buy a long block, and have maybe a 36 month warranty with it. But yes, a guide/tutorial would be awesome.

·
Registered
371 Posts
No gear drive that I know of. There are some double rollers available but you may have to clearance for them. Head studs are big bucks. Mains aren't too bad. A cam will require a tuner that can do custom tuning like a T1000. A better investment over a valve change is change out the powder metal seats and prevent the dreaded dropped vlave seat. The intakes are not really in need of an upgrade. The exhaust would be the first choice as it would bring it closer to optimal intake to exhaust ratio.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go for it, if your pockets are deep enough, and your good at detail tutorialing, maybe even upload to YouTube? Let's us know how to find you if you youtube this 😁

·
Registered
147 Posts
I havent rebuilt a modern motor yet, but if my hemi goes down i sure will give it a shot. Count me in taggin along to watch.:nerd:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts