Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

Could I ask you something about extended warranty ?

I was wondering if there is any program like that to buy for more warranty ..

actually mine is 3 years/ 60,000 km basic factory warranty ,

so I would like to extend it if there is so.. and also I would like know

if I get that warranty even though I am living outside USA .

thank you so much in advance .

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the extended warranties that we on the Foum are familiar with are only good in the US and (maybe) Canada. You should check with a Chrysler/Jeep dealer there in South Korea.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I purchased a lifetime MAX care warranty only to get my money back last week with a note that says my VIN did not qualify!

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
I purchased a lifetime MAX care warranty only to get my money back last week with a note that says my VIN did not qualify!
When did you buy it ? The Chrysler warranties can only be purchased up until the vehicle is one year past its in service date.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
When did you buy it ? The Chrysler warranties can only be purchased up until the vehicle is one year past its in service date.
I purchased it 60 days past its service date.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that the extended warranties that we on the Foum are familiar with are only good in the US and (maybe) Canada. You should check with a Chrysler/Jeep dealer there in South Korea.
hi

sorry to hear that it can be only in the US ,
I asked the dealers about that but, they told me they don't know about it .
anyway thanks a lot ^^

I guess I will have to make big funds for the future cost. a bit sad ..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi
do you mind if I ask you what lifetime Max care warranty is ?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
When I bought my Jeep (purchased new), it has a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. I purchased an extended warranty that is in effect until I make my last payment, or hit 75,000. It added $15.00 to my payment and covers entire vehicle 100%. All I pay is $100.00 for each incident. I got a whole new transfer case, 2 front QDII differentials, a transmission breakdown, and a rear differential inspection with new oil for $100.00 because it took the dealer three tries over a period of three monthes to isolate the "noise"! Search "grinding/rattling noise" for the complete saga.:eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
hi
do you mind if I ask you what lifetime Max care warranty is ?
I basically covered everything except regular maintenance items, fabric and glass. All electrical & mechanical systems were covered.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I bought my Jeep (purchased new), it has a 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. I purchased an extended warranty that is in effect until I make my last payment, or hit 75,000. It added $15.00 to my payment and covers entire vehicle 100%. All I pay is $100.00 for each incident. I got a whole new transfer case, 2 front QDII differentials, a transmission breakdown, and a rear differential inspection with new oil for $100.00 because it took the dealer three tries over a period of three monthes to isolate the "noise"! Search "grinding/rattling noise" for the complete saga.:eek:rangehat:

I wish I could have that systems here in Korea .
thank you for reply

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I basically covered everything except regular maintenance items, fabric and glass. All electrical & mechanical systems were covered.
that's what I really want !!!
I don't know why those systems are available in the US .
really jealous I am :(

isn't there any chance I can buy those program through the company in the US ???

anyhow.. thank a lot for your comments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mandatory Dealer Inspections for Original 8 year Power Train Warranty and Lifetime Ma

Original 8 year Power Train Warranty and Lifetime Max Care Warranty

I am approaching 50,000 miles on my 2007 Commander. I have some questions:

1. Do I have to have a mandatory dealer inspection before 50,000 to keep the 8 year powertrain warranty valid ?

2. Is there similiar mandatory inspections required for Max Care Lifetime warranty too ?

Please help.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Original 8 year Power Train Warranty and Lifetime Max Care Warranty

I am approaching 50,000 miles on my 2007 Commander. I have some questions:

1. Do I have to have a mandatory dealer inspection before 50,000 to keep the 8 year powertrain warranty valid ?

2. Is there similiar mandatory inspections required for Max Care Lifetime warranty too ?

Please help.

Are you the original owner?
I am not familiar with a 8 year warranty.

The lifetime powertrain warranty is separate from the Max Care Lifetime Warranty......the Max Care covers the rest of the vehicle with specific exclusions.
So, the answer to the question is, Yes.
To keep the powertrain warranty in effect there is a mandatory inspection to be performed every 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
This inspection is to be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner/operator.
Any concerns noted, related to the powetrain warranty, are to be performed as soon as possible, again at no charge to the customer....there is no deductable.

In addition to protecting the owner from expense, the lifetime powertrain warranty also protects the Max Care warranty from powertrain claim expense.
That is why the lifetime Max Care is comparitively inexpensive.....it won't be asked to pay powertrain claims.

That help?

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts