Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sometime this week I'm hoping to have my double din Nav/Dvd switched out of my old truck and into my commander. I know that first off i need the navigation bezel from jeep. Is there anything else that you guys have had problems with the installer having on hand that is needed for the install?

Also, I see the bezel on the web is about 120, is it much cheaper from jeep?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot again ldc! ha, I have another question,

I bought the CHTO-01 so that I can keep using the Boston sound system, Just making sure that this will work with an aftermarket Amp and Sub?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Doobyshire said:
Thanks alot again ldc! ha, I have another question,

I bought the CHTO-01 so that I can keep using the Boston sound system, Just making sure that this will work with an aftermarket Amp and Sub?
It will work, but make sure you have the battery disconnected when you install the Metra wiring harness. I didn't and now my airbag system shuts itself off.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ldc2335 said:
i think its so retarded to have audio controls running through your pcm's data system, i wish i could slap the crap outta that guy who decided that was a good idea..

the kit comes with instructions(READ THEM) they say to cycle your ignition twice...DO IT!!!! or your factory amp will somtimes not come on.....
Going through the PCM to be able to deal with other electronics in the car (Uconnect muting of audio on incoming call, etc.) as well as forthcoming technologies such as voice recognition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts