• Air Aid

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to order the AFE intake, is there any reason I should change my mind? It seems as if the AFE is the best intake?

Also, the best price ive seen is $297 on ebay. Any better prices?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It is hard to say what is the best CAI without running your own tests. They all have pros and cons. They all say they have the best performance. My advice is to think about what is important to you and tailor your question to weed out the fan boy replies. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have had K&N and AFE intakes in the past on other vehicles and was impressed by both.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't wanna be like every tuner kid out there, "yeah its got a K&N". Plus I feel that smaller companies engineer better than large companies do.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have an AEM for sale which is as good or better then those you are looking at.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you looking to get for the system with shipping to 48315.

Also it lists two filter elemetns, a Pro 5 R, and a Pro Dry S. Which one is better?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know, looking at the AEM, the filter is much larger than the AFE?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
49er, why are you selling yours? Just curious, as I was thinking about getting the AEM.
Added the snorkel and no longer need the CAI

I don't know, looking at the AEM, the filter is much larger than the AFE?
Larger filter means more air, that is the purpose for the CAI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the aFe CAI and I love it. It was easy to install, and looks good in the engine bay. I've had no issues thus far; it's been about six months since I installed it. Sounds very aggressive at WOT.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the AFE stage 2 and i will tell you this, it's a good system but not a true CAI.
Bwoody is a true CAI and if you really want performance, get rid of that air resonator, it is very restrictive and useless. you will feel more power without it.

This is what i did since i had the AirAid available to me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really liking the AEM design better, the filter element is much larger. Also the AEM is about $50 cheaper. Is there a discount for members on AEM intakes?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I officially made my decision, I purchased a AEM intake. The funny thing is I purchased the intake, and I don't even own a commander yet. HAHAH.

·
Registered
167 Posts
let me clairfy a few things here....................tests were run for the 5.7 HEMI on they are posted on LXforums.com

Secondly, the larger filter ONLY means more air potential. THe true bottle neck is the inner diameter of the tube. Many tubes tested (i.e. the K&N) were actually smaller than the TB opening thus they were more restrictive than stock...........and this is regardless of the filter size.

THe best picture to draw in your head is an hour glass...........and hour glass would flow in 1 second vs 1 hour all based upon that pesky bottle neck.

THerefore we can only flow to 100% of the capability of our smallest restriction.

Of the 5.7 HEMI air intake comparo's the best in the market was the AFE - the one that has a mega phone opening that slowly tapers down to the same ID of the TB.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
So I officially made my decision, I purchased a AEM intake. The funny thing is I purchased the intake, and I don't even own a commander yet. HAHAH.
That is not all that funny, I purchased a set of headers for my smart before my smart was even built.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Overall Quality of Components, FIT & Finish, and Performance of the AIRAID are 2nd to None!

All AIRAID Intake are Made in the USA and Feature our Lifetime “No-Hassle” Warranty!

Thanks,
David

1 - 20 of 46 Posts