Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I think this is the 3rd time I've had to have the blower motor replaced in my 2006 Jeep Commander for it only working on high!
Anyway, I literally JUST had it replaced 3 weeks ago and now it's only working on high again. Logic tells me it's not the motor that needs to be replaced since the motor is actually working...but just on high. Any thoughts on what is happening here. This is a big-time hazard and super dangerous in cold weather when all of a sudden you can't defrost your windows and can't see! Is there some kind of recall I'm missing and what do I tell the dealership in order to get this fixed!

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L QDII
196 Posts
How much do you trust the person replacing the blower motor? Most likely it's the Resistor (68020227AA) not the motor (68020234AA). The resistor runs about $30 while the motor runs about $150. If it was the resistor that was replaced, it may have just been a low quality part. Or if for some reason the motor is working harder then it should that will also blow out the resistor leaving only high working. Replace the resistor, clean out the fresh air intake area, and make sure there is no debris caught in or around the fan. Bad bearing on the motor can also cause a blown resistor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
seems the blower and resistor are ~$40 each on rockauto (fourseasons)
cheaper if you dont have the auto controls...
agree on checking cowl by windshield for any obstructions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.