Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a commander 2006, 3.7L. It is slow to accelerate and at 60MPH it will not shift into a higher gear and runs at 3000RPM. Transmission guys serviced it and said the trans is good. After the transmission service she ran better but within a day or two the same thing started happening again. Here is the crazy part, if I pull over and shut down the jeep for 5 seconds and start it up, she works perfectly.

So I pull over everyday on my way to and from work and shut it down after a couple of miles. Any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I am wondering if the electrical plug can be changed without dropping the transmission?
The conductor plate replacement looks easy, the plug looks difficult without dropping the transmission.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You do not have to drop the trans to disconnect the electrical plug. Theres a locking lever that turns about 1/4 to 1/2 turn to unlock the plug, then pull. You'll lose a very small amount of fluid. The conductor plate is above the valve body...had to pay to have this done about 1 1/2 years ago because of limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts