Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my garage and all the different styles of Jeeps I get to pour money into. I have 3 and 2 half Jeeps.....I'll explain

First is my project YJ wrangler that has been going on for years. The first half is the frame.

The second half is the body tub.

Here are the two daily drivers, My XK and the wife's TJ wrangler.

This is my wife's trail rig a CJ7.

I also have a polaris sportsman 500 x2 that I do not yet have a picture of. Also I know the garage is very messy but there is a jeep or two scattered around in there.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
adamag25's garage

Here is the fleet, sorry its kinda dark.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its from the steering box I just finished replacing.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice garage, thanks for sharing. What does the sand buggy tire fit?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you ever need an extra hand or two putting together the YJ just let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice garage. cool to see your wife shares your passion for jeeps.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice garage, thanks for sharing. What does the sand buggy tire fit?
The tire fits my sportsman 500. I bought two tires but only needed one, i'm sure i'll run over something again. Thanks 07 when its time to put the body tub back on I may take you up on your offer.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Very nice. Sooner or later, I'll have a "project" sitting in my garage. For now, it's just my sister's Exploder Sport, that has a dead battery, flat tire, and no tags. I can't wait to get it out of my space. She lives in WV now, though, and didn't have any way to transport it at the time she moved.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured I would update my Garage with the progress I made on my YJ. I have had the rear axle out and sitting around the shop for some time. I just finished putting it all together and now it just needs to go back in. Mods include 6.5" SOA, 4.10:1 gears, HD axles, lunchbox locker, converted the drum brakes to disks, and rounded it out with a rockcrusher diff cover.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome. Did you install the gears yourself? Also which brand of locker is that? I had a powertrax no-slip in the rear of my ford ranger and it was amazing!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did everything myself including the Ring/pinion, it just takes a while to get the shims right to make the gear lash correct. The locker is the same as you had in your ranger. The powertrax is made by richmond gear and they make a really great product. I had one in my wrangler TJ that was a DD and it worked very well. It was amazing how rarely I had to use 4wd with the rear locked up.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Awesome. I admire your ability to get into the insides of these things and rebuild them.
Too bad I don't live next door to you, I'm sure I would learn a lot, trying to help and getting in the way, ha ha.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad I don't live next door to you, I'm sure I would learn a lot, trying to help and getting in the way, ha ha.
HAHAAA! it is funny you say that because I never seem to get much done when my neighbors come over to "help". However, I am always happy to stop and explain what it is I am doing when I have a t-case or diff or trans pulled apart on the bench and someone comes over to say "what is that supposed to be?!?!?"

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I did everything myself including the Ring/pinion, it just takes a while to get the shims right to make the gear lash correct. The locker is the same as you had in your ranger. The powertrax is made by richmond gear and they make a really great product. I had one in my wrangler TJ that was a DD and it worked very well. It was amazing how rarely I had to use 4wd with the rear locked up.

That's awsome that you were able to install the ring and pinion yourself. Most performance shops cant even install gears properly.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted to get my annual re-tarping of the YJ body done before my vacation. Yes it is an annual event, meaning it has been done for a couple years in a row now. I think that means that I need to either buy better tarps, or just finish the Jeep already. I figured I would snap a couple shots of it undressed and add them to the garage.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I guess I just cannot help myself. Seems that my property is beginning to look less like a home and more like a used car lot. That said, Here is my new addition....The catch is that it actually isn't a JEEP!!!

The photo is a little out of date but the car hasn't changed much since then. This is a 1973 Buick Centurion Convertible with some minor work done already and much to come. I will update with a current photos and projects associated with this.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts