Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a 4 pole holder to my roof basket today. took it out for a on road and off road test. Held up good no vibrating no wiggling stayed in one spot at 60mph. What you can't see is the locking mechanism on the back side that prevents the poles from coming out. $17.00 Rod holder at Gander Mountain. mounted with spare hardware laying around the garage.

The rear one is a little bent as you can see I hit tree with it.:rofl: fishing is rough stuff around here. :devil:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Very cool mod, thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow that is fantastic! I ended up building a PVC rod tube that I mount on the cross bars on the roof. My plans do include adding a roof rack at some point here in the near future, I may have to look into doing something like you did.

·
Registered
233 Posts
that's a good idea ^^
looks great ~~~

·
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing so far with set up I'm going to change is these were built to be mounted to a flat surface. So the foam inside likes to push out a little. I'm coming up with a plate to mount over the back to simulate a wall and make them stronger no big deal they work fine as is but another couple bucks to invest and they will be perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts