Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my activity...I think I am addicted to this forum and mods for my XK.....

Has this happen to everyone??? my fiancee is already sick of it and its only been 3 weeks! :up_to_something:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I'm addicted to my Commander and this forum.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nothing wrong with that man. Enjoy tossing all these mods on while you can!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I own 7 Jeeps, I'm not just addicted, I'm afflicted!

1) 09 Hemi XK Limited
1) 08 JK 2-door Sahara
1) 89 MJ Comanche lifted
4) XJ's, a 90 Laredo lifted, a 95 Country stock, a 00 Classic stock and a heavily modded 96 Country trail rig

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I move from thread to thread trying to catch up on the 6+ years of XK talk! as I plan to do what it takes to own this XK until it has no life left...:D

I've tried many times to get my fiancee to purchase a jeep....she won't budge from her toyota.....I won't give up!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Want to be addicted?

You're not far from me.... Aug 11th there's a few of us going wheeling to Rausch Creek offroad park. You should join us. Once you see some Wrangler owners watch me/sal/etc and say "damn, i never thought id see a commander do that", THEN you'll be addicted :silly:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Want to be addicted?

You're not far from me.... Aug 11th there's a few of us going wheeling to Rausch Creek offroad park. You should join us. Once you see some Wrangler owners watch me/sal/etc and say "damn, i never thought id see a commander do that", THEN you'll be addicted :silly:

I see your in NJ, not far at all. Where is Rausch Creek Park? I do not think I have plans that weekend and I'd love to go (It would be my first time ever doing something like that)

I really want to get into "wheeling"? but I want to properly prep my XK for it prior to taking on trails.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It's NOT an addiction, it's a way of life :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Rausch Creek is in Tremont PA (not far from you).

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

Some basic things that will make the day a lot more fun:
2" lift w/larger tires
Belly guard or equivalent skid to protect the cats
Diff guard

With those mods, you can handle all of the green trails with relative ease and even take some some blues with spotting help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rausch Creek is in Tremont PA (not far from you).

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

Some basic things that will make the day a lot more fun:
2" lift w/larger tires
Belly guard or equivalent skid to protect the cats
Diff guard

With those mods, you can handle all of the green trails with relative ease and even take some some blues with spotting help.
Well I definitely intend to add the 4x Guard Belly Guard and a 2 inch RC lift w/ spcers (not sure on tires)

These mods will probably not be done until next fall; however, I am pretty excited to have it ready for some trails!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From reading almost 20 pages in the "Lift/Suspension" forums I think I like the RC the most? it seems the easiest without having to change struts/springs/shocks etc.

I just need to find someone to install the lift properly for a decent price. I'd rather have the lift and spacers on and just get tires a few months later (may look funny) but I think its a good idea

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I ran the RC lift for over a year before upgrading to the OME HD. It's a good lift.

Also note, just realized i screwed up the date... we're wheeling on Sunday the 12th.

Sending ya a PM about the lift :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I hear good things about the OME as well. I probably will start with the RC due to the price lol...

I am excited to install the K&N CAI and Offroad lights. K&N is still shipping but the lights go on tomorrow!

I will be removing the snorkel in the airbox as well.....

This forum is just great for ideas!:D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
This forum is just great for ideas!:D
We specialize is the kind of ideas that let us watch others spend their money on mods we wish we could afford :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We specialize is the kind of ideas that let us watch others spend their money on mods we wish we could afford :)
I am actually surprised on how some of the mods are pretty affordable. However, some of them are not so affordable lol

I intend to hit the PA lottery soon......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts