Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a simple swap of the temperature control unit in the dash of a Commander with the 26/28U package with the automatic temperature control unit with the dual zone controls on a limited will work? It appears that the rest of the guts of the system (eye on the dash, etc) are already there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all. I am an owner of an '06 Charger R/T with auto climate controls. Just picked up a 65th Anniversary Commander for the wife, hence the reason I am here. :) Anyway, it would take more than just the dash mounted control unit, as the system also utilizes a sensor at the top middle front of the dash at the windshield base. Not sure if anything else is involved. Just thought I would chime in with some info.

Griz

·
Registered
476 Posts
xkjohn said:
...It appears that the rest of the guts of the system (eye on the dash, etc) are already there.
From what I have determined the ATC utilizes two sensors.. the first is mounted on top of the dash the other is mounted in the ceter of the dash just below the temp control knobs. The lower sensor is the IR sensor that reads the two front seat passanger body temps seperatly and adjust each sides ventalation accordingly. - :cool: pretty cool.. I am cold natured so even on the hot and muggy days in GA I can set the driver side at 70 and who ever is riding on the passanger side can be at 65 (or whatever) and we are both very comfy! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Doubtfull, you would probably also have to re-program the vehicle build configuration in the FCM & CCN to get it to work, and the dash harness may need to be changed as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"It appears that the rest of the guts of the system (eye on the dash, etc) are already there"

Guess I should read the entire post next time! :eek: Regardless, I would have to agree the computer would more than likely need a flash from the stealership to activate features.

Griz

·
Registered
204 Posts
Changing the build configuration is not a simple PCM flash, build configuration is stored in the FCM, Front Control Module, and CCN, Cabin Compartment Node. The CCN is the instrument cluster and the FCM is part of the foward underhood fusebox. Nobody could tell you for sure if this would work without actually trying it, which could be a very expensive and frustrating undertaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts