Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a hanging rod holder
that I used in my old Blazer.

Since the Commander does not have any hangers in the back there is no way to mount this.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can do something like this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you sure your rods will fit front to back? I had the same problem and opted for a lockable THULE rack for the roof. If you really want to keep them inside you may be able to hang some plastic hooks from the crevice between the roof liner and hard molding. I fish saltwater with one-piece rods that are all over 6'6" so I needed to go up top. Good luck and let us know how you make out, JD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They fit in my 01 Blazer. I don't think there would be a problem with them fitting in the Commander.

"you may be able to hang some plastic hooks from the crevice between the roof liner and hard molding"

How much weight do you think this would hold?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think you can rig something up. When doing so, be mindful of any side curtain airbags if you have them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not sure if you r still looking for a idea. i just jiuned and say your post. this is what i came up with for my commander. I bought 2 large suction cups at lowes, yhe kind for the shower. There is a clear pin that runs through the center i punched that out and made the hole slightly larger then inserted a roll pin in its place. then a loop of wire through the roll pin.stick the suction cup to window then clip rod holder to the wire. this is for the rear part. i then used a small d-ring that came with the rod holder and clip that to the shirt hanger over back seat. this works well and you dont have to drill or mod your jeep.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts