Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Commander with the stock 6 CD changer without Sirius. I'm looking to add Navigation, but I don't want to go with aftermarket because I don't want to loose my steering wheel controls. Does anyone know how the install is if I bought a Navigation/sirius unit on eBay? How about installing the GPS & Sirius antenna? I have no idea what is involved and if it is worth it. Navigation isn't a requirement, but would be nice. At a minimum I would like to add an OEM receiver with Sirius because mine doesn't have that option. Has anyone done this or know anything about it? I just don't want to buy it and then find out it can't be done.

Thank you!

·
Registered
717 Posts
The Sirius receiver for the OEM headunit is separate. I believe it mounts underneath the rear seat. You might be better off going aftermarket. There are harnesses available so that you could retain use of your steering wheel controls. If you search there are other threads regarding the install of these items.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with Jeeper64 go with an aftermarket unit, you can still keep the steering wheel controls! I have the Sirius radio on my 07 but no nav unit. I am going to upgrade to a Kenwood DNX7100. Do a search on this forum to learn more. The OEM nav unit is a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I agree, and I have the factory NAV unit. Its very outdated compared to the MyGIG and available aftermarket units. I'm also thinking of upgrading so I can have a touch screen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! I haven't yet decided what to do. I'm still researching it all and haven't made a decision. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! Thanks Again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry guys,
I want to upgrade my 2006 commander to a Mygig (RER), but where can i found and adapter CAN Bus to CAN2 Bus, please ?

·
Super Moderator
14,953 Posts
ShadowB60 said:
Sorry guys,
I want to upgrade my 2006 commander to a Mygig (RER), but where can i found and adapter CAN Bus to CAN2 Bus, please ?
MyGIG can't be put in 2006 or 2007 models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts