Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody piggybacked an LED light off the security light that's mounted in the instrument cluster?

Living in Chicago and parking in the streets I've always added aftermarket security systems to my vehicles to deter thieves. Considering the factory system on the Commander with remote start is all that I need then I would love to make the security indicator more visible by mounting an additional LED light on the dash or elsewhere that would blink with factory one. Has anybody attempted this? Do you know which wires can be used and where they are located?

Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
TBH im not sure how the dash in the commander is wired, it is either a smart system with a simple digital connection (No Good for you), or it has a harness. If you found out which wire in the harness it was, you could wire it into that.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
You could put a fake blinker there, Superbrightled's sells a LED flasher module for less than $7 that will flash any LED. They also have a Strobe module for brighter flashing.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could put a fake blinker there, Superbrightled's sells a LED flasher module for less than $7 that will flash any LED. They also have a Strobe module for brighter flashing.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for that. I did consider adding a dummy LED blinker that turns on once the ignition is off but it would've been better to have it blink when it really should along with the security indicator.

As the other member posted, I was hoping there was a wire in a harness that I can tap into but I haven't found anything yet. I have the service manual too and I couldn't find anything yet. Looks like I might have to go with a dummy LED for added peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts