Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a lot of looking, I could only find two choices for suppliers with CB Engineering being substantially cheeper. As Blue had a bad experience with Christian, I was a bit hesitant. I figured why not see where he was at. Worst case, I had plenty of time to cancel the order if it wasn't going to happen.

I emailed him and asked if he had stock on a bare set, no powder coat as that was what kept them from shipping to Blue. Well he emailed me back that he had none in stock bare but he had several sets of each coated. He offered to sell them to me for the cost of the bare arms. So I decided to order them and see what happened. I received them today. The package was very well boxed and when I spoke to Chistian I told him about issues with paying fees if the seller doesn't fill out the paperwork properly so he sent them as a gift to make sure I didn't get screwed. The quality seems very good and the arms are heavy wall tube. The johnny joints are from Currie Enterprises.

Whatever problems he had when Blue dealt with him, he may have sorted them out. I have no complaints with the service or the product at this point.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
After doing a lot of looking, I could only find two choices for suppliers with CB Engineering being substantially cheeper. As Blue had a bad experience with Christian, I was a bit hesitant. I figured why not see where he was at. Worst case, I had plenty of time to cancel the order if it wasn't going to happen.

I emailed him and asked if he had stock on a bare set, no powder coat as that was what kept them from shipping to Blue. Well he emailed me back that he had none in stock bare but he had several sets of each coated. He offered to sell them to me for the cost of the bare arms. So I decided to order them and see what happened. I received them today. The package was very well boxed and when I spoke to Chistian I told him about issues with paying fees if the seller doesn't fill out the paperwork properly so he sent them as a gift to make sure I didn't get screwed. The quality seems very good and the arms are heavy wall tube. The johnny joints are from Currie Enterprises.

Whatever problems he had when Blue dealt with him, he may have sorted them out. I have no complaints with the service or the product at this point.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/47-buyer-seller-vendor-reviews/69570-cb-engineering-consumers-review-longtime-forum-member.html

I couldn't get Christian to answer e-mails or phone calls and I was beyond patient. My review speaks for itself, after a month of being jerked around by him and still not having my order shipped, I finally hit my breaking point. He'll never get a dime of my money, but for what it's worth, I'm glad your experience was better than mine Flex. That being said, I couldn't & wouldn't recommend CB Engineering to anybody, in good conscience.

Do business there at your own risk.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your experience was what gave me pause. Money is tight though and he was $150 US cheaper. I figured I had 45 days to cancel the order if it was not going to happen. I got him to confirm he had stock so that there could be no excuses. I am not saying what he did with you is right bud, I am just happy I didn't have the same experience. The product is nice. You should see if he will give you a good deal to make up for before. At least you might get something for your troubles.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Your experience was what gave me pause. Money is tight though and he was $150 US cheaper. I figured I had 45 days to cancel the order if it was not going to happen. I got him to confirm he had stock so that there could be no excuses. I am not saying what he did with you is right bud, I am just happy I didn't have the same experience. The product is nice. You should see if he will give you a good deal to make up for before. At least you might get something for your troubles.
Let me chew on this for a few days until I get back to Virginia......I may call him and see what he has to say for himself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts