Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on the forum and am looking at the following 3 vehicles. I've always wanted a Commander (have had a YJ since 92) and it looks like my wife may finally let me pull the trigger. Anyway, I'm leaning to the 2008 due to the warranty. Any of you Jeep Commander Owners input would be much appreciated.

I saw a note in the
CONSIDERING BUYING A COMMANDER, have questions? Start here!
indicating that that doesn't get a lot of traffic so I started a new thread.

2008 Jeep Commander Overland edition
$17,500
88k miles
Brand new Bridgestone All-Terrain tires
V8 5.7L HEMI Engine, 2WD
Fully Loaded
Navigation, Leather/Suede Combination seats, DVD player, Sunroof+Rear Sunroofs, Boston Premium Sound system, Navigation, Backup Camera, Bluetooth connection
32,000 miles left on transferable warranty on Powertrain

2010 Jeep Commander Sport RWD
Mileage: 79,399
Engine: 5.L V8 OHV 16V
Drive Train: 2WD
Trim: Sport RWD
Interior: Leather
Navigation

2008 Jeep Commander Limited 2WD
$13,990
Engine: 4.7L V8 SOHC 16V
Interior: Leather
Color: Silver
Drive Train: 2WD
Mileage: 102,574
Navigation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a 92 YJ for off-roading so I'm not looking for 4WD. The Commander is for taking my son to school and towing the boat to the lake so 4WD is not a priority for me.

Just test drove the first one. It ran great. The warranty has 30,000 miles left on it, purchased from Wynn's Plus. Ran it by the shop and it's throwing coeds P0153/P0430 which indicate O2 sensor and maybey catalytic converter issues. Is this a red flag?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never owned a boat, so my opinion doesn't count for much, but it seems to me like 4wd would be ideal for loading and unloading on a boat ramp. Especially since the ramps stay wet most of the time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Only if they won't fix those issues for you.
Honestly with the options you listed it depends on your preferences. If you really need leather, all the bells and whistles than go that route. If you can live without that stuff it will save you some money. The commander didn't change much between the years. So I wouldn't worry to much about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts