Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 commander limited hemi with 120,000 miles on it.

I just want to know what you guys think about this set up that I'll be purchasing. Will they all work well together?

Rocky road 2.25" lift
Bilstein 4600hd for the front
Bilstein 5100 on the rear
JBA upper control arms
Nitto terra 265/75/17 on stock wheels for now.
1.25" Spidertraxx spacers

Also, why are people on here putting 4600 on the front instead of putting 5100 on all around?

Will my jeep be "level" with this setup or will it be higher at the rear?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have a 2007 commander limited hemi with 120,000 miles on it.

I just want to know what you guys think about this set up that I'll be purchasing. Will they all work well together?

Rocky road 2.25" lift
Bilstein 4600hd for the front
Bilstein 5100 on the rear
JBA upper control arms
Nitto terra 265/75/17 on stock wheels for now.
1.25" Spidertraxx spacers

Also, why are people on here putting 4600 on the front instead of putting 5100 on all around?

Will my jeep be "level" with this setup or will it be higher at the rear?
5100 front struts will lift the front .75" at their lowest setting and are often out of stock. I would not use them with a spacer lift.

Why not run Rustys OffRoad springs? (I have them in the rear) They are the same price or cheaper than spacers ATM and your OEM springs are likely worn out @120k

Here is my XK:

5100'S FRONT set @2" LIFT + Rusty's strut plate (2.5" front lift), Rustys offroad 2" rear springs plus 2 additional stacked spring isolators on each side. 255/70r18's on 9" wide wheels with 5.39" BS (similar look to your spacers). It sits around 21.5" front and 21" rear axle to fenderlip IIRC. Your height should be similar, (maybe lower in the rear) although clearly my XK is on teh driveway atm.

The setup you asked about will be level. However many people think it looks too high in the front because the fender gap ends up being greater due to the fact that the fenders are cut up higher in the front of these. This is common with most lifts and a lot of members find ways to bring the rear up just a touch to counteract that. Stacking isolators is a cheap way to do that...

RR spacer lift is 2.25" front and 1.5" rear IIRC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts