Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I understand this is my first post and i might sound like a rookie. I apologize in advance. Im new to the XK scene coming from a 97 zj that i actually traded in for it. I've used the search function and cant seem to find the info im looking for. My AT 3030xl is coming in tomorrow and I'm trying to decide on how to get it set up. Question 1. I heard somewhere that the factory resonator is actually a 3 inch inlet its just the pipe from the muffler (suitcase) back that is 2 3/4 . Is this true? What i'm trying to do is get 3 inch piping done and keep a resonator in the loop to keep the drone down. If i can reuse the factory resonator and just have 3 inch pipe run to it that would be ideal. question 2. If the factory resonator is in fact 3 inch, am I being silly keeping it in the system (heavy,restrictive etc) and do I really need a resonator at all seeing as its the 3030xl (resonated model). I don't mind loud, I just fear the MDS Drone and resonance.. Thank you for any help in advance. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. What are you guys running for pipe size?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts