Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was out this last weekend and had a great time on the trails. The last trail of the day was a wee bit tight.....

2010 03 07_0055.jpg

2010 03 07_0058.jpg

2010 03 07_0057.jpg

$6000 or so worth of damage...Damn

·
Registered
480 Posts
So you just kept on going after it ripped the front flare off? Does insurance cover something like that?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Did you consider stopping,... backing up.....maybe moving a little to the right. Did you have a spotter?

I slid down the side of a NY Taxi Cab in my Bronco once, but that only left a yellow line on my nerf bar.

-Tom

·
Registered
248 Posts
I doubt any insurance would cover it when it's the drivers fault. Especially offroading lol. Sucks dude.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Arizona pinstripe does not look so bad now!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In answer to the insurance question, yes it is covered but my rates go up..will end up paying $4000 over the next 4 years.

As far as how I did it, I didn't even know I did until we stopped. I was driving through some bushy trees and I guess there was a log in there somewhere but I didn't hear anything other than the normal scraping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
umm.... i cant believe you would trash your daily driver like that and not even realize your doing it.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
but I didn't hear anything other than the normal scraping.

Normal scraping!! NORMAL SCRAPING!! LOL. Were you watching Terminator3 really loud while 4wheelin?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any wheeling aroung here is surrounded be the sound of scraping....I live in BC and we have these large leafy thing called trees. Obviously I don't go out to intentionally hurt my baby but sometimes things happen. I am sick about it but it happened. Not much point in putting a lift and tires and CB and everything if it just going to stay on the pavement

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Yeah. It just seems like that should have made a lot of noise! Sorry, it must stink to even look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
DANG!!!! the couple dents I have in my doors from some rocks don't look bad at all now. Did you go back to find the missing pieces?

·
2,248 Posts
Nothing a little Bedliner would not take care of. Well maybe lots of bedliner with some real texture.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is in the process of being repaired...in the mean time I am driving one dead sexy Toyota Carolla..yuch, the most unconfortacle car I have ever driven.

I looked at doing the work myself but the doors needed to be reskinned and Homey don't play that...too nice of a truck for me to screw around with it

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hows your Commander doing? Is she all fixed up yet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts