Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in somebody's post that they were running "Ford Aerostar" springs in the back of their xk????:icon_confused: what and why is that?

·
1,993 Posts
I just read in somebody's post that they were running "Ford Aerostar" springs in the back of their xk????:icon_confused: what and why is that?
Do you have a link to that? I guess it doesn't matter what vehicle the springs come out of if the numbers make sense. For example some people are cutting a coil out of the OME HD springs to change the numbers so they work with the 4" SL. So if the foot pounds per inch are close and the spring rate and height are what your looking for it might be a cheaper option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx

Yeah, i don't have the link. I kinda read over it, and thought it was weird, but really didn't think about it til later. Gonna look into it tho. I have to be able to find springs for a flippin areostar. lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was GetLost 4x4, who apparently hasn't been a member since a long time ago. It was archived i think. I could never find any numbers on how much lift they were supposed to give tho...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So trying to figure the purpose of aerostar springs, and in the thread where crazy Tarzan bought get lost4x4 XK, and he said that the aerostar springs give 2.5" lift on the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts