Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new AeroTurbine muffler. I had one on my Dodge Ram and loved it. Is anyone running one on their Commander?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Not on a XK I have a co-worker running it on his Chevy 1500, he loves it but gas mileage went down due to his love of the sound.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my Aeroturbine muffler installed today. What a sweet sound. Not to loud and just enough rumble to let everyone know there is a big American V8 under the hood. The question is now will my wife notice the difference? She has been out of town all week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got my Aeroturbine muffler installed today. What a sweet sound. Not to loud and just enough rumble to let everyone know there is a big American V8 under the hood. The question is now will my wife notice the difference? She has been out of town all week.
LOL, keep us updated on whether she notices or not...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
She'll notice. Women have extremely good hearing when they want to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been camping. She noticed, but it took her a few days. It was also the first time we towed our 28' trailer. She was suspicious but didn't say anything until we went to town after disconnecting. It is louder when towing. I still think it's rumble is just right.

·
Registered
98 Posts
RAMBS - what's the part number on the Aero muffler you used?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the 3030XL it is 26 inches long and has a resonator built in. I had to buy some 3" stainless exhaust pipe to make it fit. I still have enough left for another install. It's free for the cost of shipping if anyone wants it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts