Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2" lift with larger tires so I would not be able to take full advantage of the ESP module from AEV but I would like to use it to enable the lane change feature, the tilt mirrors and recalibrate my speedo.

From what they are saying you cannot install unless you have the 4" Superlift.

see link:
http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?p=146&posted=1#post146

My question is then, would anyone like to split the cost on this part so that I could use it to enable the features on my vehicle. Since the dealer won't enable these features this would be good way of doing it. No point in spending almost $300 for a device I would use once.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
You cannot enable the 3-blink lane change on a 2006--I've already had the dealer try it. The dealer CAN enable the reverse mirror tilt down with the Starscan tool. I know because I had it done. The dealer can also do the daytime running lights with the Starscan. There was no charge to have this done and only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about changing the tire size? I didn't think they had the option to change that to anything other than preset sizes on their scan tool. Does the mirror tilt option work on non Limited models?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I think the AEV module overrides some of the settings in the ECU that the StarScan can't change unless other optional modules are present. Also, the AEV module has to stay connected to the vehicle after you've done the programming step so the settings are retained correctly.

Edit: after reading the other post, I stand corrected about installing the module.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
walkjon said:
what about changing the tire size? I didn't think they had the option to change that to anything other than preset sizes on their scan tool
Yes, that is true. What size tires do you have? Have you checked to see if it is one of the sizes on the Starscan? If there is a size that is close to yours it should be ok--not enough to make much of a diff in speedo.

Does the mirror tilt option work on non Limited models?
Not sure about this. You may have to have the memory feature that the Limited has for it to work.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
After calling AEV, I think what they are saying here is that this was designed with the superlift in mind. So therefore they will not say it will work with any other lift system. When I bought my wheels from them they said the same thing, but yet the wheels work great. They did tell me I would be able to program my tire size in to the computer.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
YB Normyl said:
Might have to check this out, though I'm wondering how this'll work with our engines and ESP system. I'd at least like to get the speedo back to normal with the 265s that I'm now running. Looks like it'll work, the one in the writeup also works on the Dodge 5.7, so it should work on the 4.7 as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Here's what AEV's owner says:

Guys,

We've been getting a lot of questions regarding using the EGR module with other lifts.

The Short Answer:

The module is calibrated specifically for the Superlift lift and will not work on any other lift. In fact it will cause major ESP issues on vehicles with other lifts.

That being said...

If you were to use the programming features (ONLY) of the EGR to reprogram the speedometer, the transmission would shift correctly and the ESP would be closer to normal because at least the speed would be correct for a given condition. Vehicle speed is very important to the ESP system. You could also use the toggle feature for the "Reverse Mirror Tilt" and one touch lane change. Basically you would use the module to reprogram, you just wouldn't be able to install it in the vehicle.

dh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts