Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a 3.5 in rock krawler lift with a set of aev wheels on an 08 overland. Do these wheels have the proper backspacing needed to run the larger tire (265/70/17) without spacers?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
In a word: yes.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Keep in mind that AEV does make the Pintler wheels in two different offsets. The one specifically for the Commander comes in +25mm offset which is equivalent to 5.7 inches of back spacing. This wheel with the tire size you stated will sit out approx 1.1 inches further then stock which will make them pretty much flush with the fender flares.

They also make the Pintlers with +10mm offset for the Jeep Wrangler JK. This offset is equivalent to 5.1 inches of back spacing which will obviously make them sit out a little further then the Pintler wheels made for the Commander.
They will sit out approx 1.7 inches further then your stock setup bringing the tires/wheels out a little past the fender flares.

So basically what it comes down to is how far do you want your tires to stick out? There is only one member on this forum that is running the AEV Pintler wheels and he is running the ones designed for the Jeep Wrangler JK with +10mm offset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so what you are saying is that the AEV wheels would eliminate the need for wheel spacers? That is what I'm hoping for. I would like to have the wider stance, fit the 265 series tire, and not need to use wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
so what you are saying is that the AEV wheels would eliminate the need for wheel spacers? That is what I'm hoping for. I would like to have the wider stance, fit the 265 series tire, and not need to use wheel spacers.
Yup....with the AEV wheels you wont need wheels spacers. Those wheels were designed primarily for the XK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts