Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Haven't been here in a while (long time), but me thinks you got enough sets of wheels...or used to anyway :icon_biggrin:
I have 10 wheels but they all require spacers.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
So if I take off my 1.5" spacer and install the Pinters... Do my tires stick out further, the same or less?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if I did my math right, I come up with about 1/4 inch less for the Pintler?

I made the assumption you're running 7.5" wide wheels with a +44 offset, and the Pintlers are 8.5" wide with a +25.

Hopefully someone else can confirm/correct my calcs? :SM030:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
So if I take off my 1.5" spacer and install the Pinters... Do my tires stick out further, the same or less?
Stock XK wheels are 7.5" wide with 6" backspace (+44mm)

With 1.5" wheel spacers you have an effective 4.5" backspace, 3" front face.

The WK/XK Pintlers are 8.5" wide with 5.75" backspace and 2.75" front face.

So yup, those calcs are correct. if you take off your stock wheels+spacers and replace these with the Pintlers, you'll lose 1/4".

Now if you get the JK Pintlers instead (which i prefer), they're 5.25" backspace so they'll stick out 1/4" further than your current setup.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've looked at some online charts and calculators that come up to the same:

At 8.5 inches wide,

an offset of +25mm gives you a backspace of 5.73 inches

a backspace of 5.3 inches gives you an offset of +13.9mm

Something is not right here.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
We've confirmed with AEV in the past that their website is incorrect. The posted offset is accurate but their backspace is off. I dont know why they haven't fixed it yet.... its been well over a year.

On TUJ there's a sticky with an excel spreadsheet i created that can be used to convert between offset/backspace and compare different wheel specs. Also converts tire sizes.

·
Registered
953 Posts
We've confirmed with AEV in the past that their website is incorrect. The posted offset is accurate but their backspace is off. I dont know why they haven't fixed it yet.... its been well over a year.

On TUJ there's a sticky with an excel spreadsheet i created that can be used to convert between offset/backspace and compare different wheel specs. Also converts tire sizes.
OK, so how far out does the face of the XK Pintlers stick out in comparison to the stockers? Do they go out beyond the fenderwell?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The XK Pintlers stick out 1.25" further than the stock wheels.

The JK Pintlers stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels.

Neither stick out very far....

My wheels stick out 1.75" further than the stock wheels so these are equivalent to the JK Pintlers, and im running 275mm wide tires:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I might have answered my own question.

Matt, do the calculations in the picture make sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Earlier I sent an email to AEV for clarification. Here's the response:

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, 5.75 is the correct backspacing. I will have our web guy correct that. Once current stock is depleted, we will no longer offer them.

Best Regards,
Paul Kientz
Inside Sales
American Expedition Vehicles
28025 Oakland Oaks
Wixom, MI 48393
Office (248) 926-0256 ext 228
Fax (248) 347-1790
[email protected]
www.aev-conversions.com

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am currently running JK rims on my XK along with 1.2" spacers and i like the look, I do not want to tuck the tires in any further.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am currently running JK rims on my XK along with 1.2" spacers and i like the look, I do not want to tuck the tires in any further.
I assume the 1.2" number above is a typo? We had been figuring based upon a 1.5" spacer.

If you are currently running a 1.25" spacer, then the AEV's would be exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I assume the 1.2" number above is a typo? We had been figuring based upon a 1.5" spacer.

If you are currently running a 1.25" spacer, then the AEV's would be exactly the same.
I am running the 1.5 spacer with JK rims and 255/75/17

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would love a set of JK Beadlocks!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts