Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether there are third party options for installing a 3rd row in a Commander? I just picked up an 08 Commander Sport and it did not have a 3rd row. From what I've read on the forums here many of you would love to have what I just bought. However, I really want that 3rd row. I've posted a "wanted" thread and would rather help one of the forum members out by taking one off their hands. But I'm willing to purchase from a 3rd party and purchase used. I just don't know of any source for that. I can find seats for Expeditions, Suburbans, Sequoias and so on, but not for Commander. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased seats for project CJs in the past from a variety of companies, but none of them source seats for the Commander.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Your best bets other than here will be ebay or a salvage yard.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I have my 2010, black leather 3rd row in storage,, a friend of mine who has a 2009 w/o the 3rd row wanted it, but said he did not have the attachments points ( nuts and bolts) in his floor to bolt it down ???? I'm probably a little to far away to try and experiment with mine. SE Texas..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it's a long way, but...

I have my 2010, black leather 3rd row in storage,, a friend of mine who has a 2009 w/o the 3rd row wanted it, but said he did not have the attachments points ( nuts and bolts) in his floor to bolt it down ???? I'm probably a little to far away to try and experiment with mine. SE Texas..

That's a long way for me to drive but I wouldn't be opposed to it. How much were you looking to get out of your seat? You can post your price here if you want or you can send it to me privately by email. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
That's a long way for me to drive but I wouldn't be opposed to it. How much were you looking to get out of your seat? You can post your price here if you want or you can send it to me privately by email at [email protected]. Thanks!
The '08 Commanders were the first year the third row was offered as a deleted item. You better make sure you will be able to mount it before you buy it. As USMC said he friend with a 2009 didn't buy it because his Commander didn't have the mounting points. It's also not a good idea to post your email address on the internet -- use the forum's PM feature.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it is easy to find 3rd row seats. (i took mine out and they are sitting in the garage being used as a chair)
but you have to make sure that you have the mounting points, otherwise, you will be spending alot more $ than u would like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts